Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dried beans are for WIC moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies
Wtf? My neighbor just said the most stupid thing! She asked what smelled so good , and I told her it was a big pot of black beans. She asked why I was cooking them all day and I told her dried beans take quite a while but homemade beans are worth it . She goes, "Dried beans are for poor, mexican WIC moms."

Wait....what??? I responded with, "Well maybe they should put that on the bag because I buy a pound a week. Have a nice day!" And I shut my door. Seriously not only is she offensive, but she's probably going to get her tires slashed. Our building is full of mexican families.

I didn't mean to go anon. This is iwasbillpardy
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Some people don't know the value of cooking your own food. They honestly feel doing so is a poor people thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I've always made my own beans. My mom did, my grandma did, and my great grandmother who came from Portugal did.

I didn't mean to go anon lol

Quoting firespurity: Some people don't know the value of cooking your own food. They honestly feel doing so is a poor people thing.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
7 moms liked this
She's a moron. Granted, I live in Mexico, lol.
But I would never change my delicious, healthy homemade beans for a can of salt, preservatives and hydrogenated oil. Yuck!
cerainwondrland
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I came in here to tell you that actually they are nice to cook with lol nevermind. Good job not being super mean to her lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol.  Your neigbor is nuts.  I cook with dried beans all the time. They taste so much better than canned. Yes they are a lot of work to prepare, but they are worth it especially when making homemade baked beans.  I also, only use dried split peas, and lentils when making soup. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  LOL.  I make butter beans all the time and I am not on WIC and we are not poor...

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I wish I could make dry beans. That's one thing I can't master no matter how much I try
allycally
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
The best beans are dried
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Canned beans taste horrid. I will not use them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM
She's just crazy. She's one of those super nosy, gossipy neighbors too. She could see me coming from half a mile away and come running to tell me the couple in #1 is getting a divorce and the single mom in #15 is late on her rent. I just dismiss her every time. I figure her life must suck as it is.

Quoting cerainwondrland: I came in here to tell you that actually they are nice to cook with lol nevermind. Good job not being super mean to her lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN