Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are not entitled to our money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 243 Replies
4 moms liked this
My fiancé pays his child support right on time without grumbling. I don't want to mention the exact amount but I will say it's more than the standard 25%. He also pays for the kids breakfast and lunch at school and we bought them their clothes and school supplies this year. We also pay for the youngest to take horse back riding lessons, we pay that in full and neither one of us complain about any of it.

She has a full time job but often calls in sick and since she is paid hourly her checks are often very short.

She's been calling my fiancé asking for more money and he won't give it to her. Between what we give her and how much she is supposed to make she should be living a very comfortable life and we have no clue what she's spending her money on.

We made the mistake of talking about out honeymoon in front of the kids and they went home and told their mom, not to tattle but just talking, and she flipped shit. She called my fiancé and said we have the money to pay for an elaborate honeymoon but not enough to make sure his kids have lights and food.

What the hell? First our honeymoon is less than 2000 and when did she decide she is entitled to more of our money?

For the record if she was to take us to court the judge would more than likely lower the payments and yes it is OUR money because we have a joint account and all of the bills are paid from that account.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:20 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM
19 moms liked this
Good luck. She will be there all the time wanting more and more

That's why i would never get invoked with some one with kids
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM
4 moms liked this
Good luck with all that.

Also congratulations on your upcoming marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 AM
16 moms liked this
You are entitled to an elaborate honeymoon! Sounds like you two are being more than generous with the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 AM
16 moms liked this
Take her back to court and really show her!! I can't stand women like that. Enjoy your honeymoon!
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:24 AM
23 moms liked this

Well, his kids should be provided for. Maybe if they aren't being provided for while living with their mother, your df needs to try to get primary custody. Otherwise, maybe instead of giving her cash, have him get the actual bill and pay that instead. Or go to the grocery store with the kids, and buy them food. So you know the money is going to necessities. Of course, I'm talking about money over and above the child support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:25 AM
12 moms liked this
I hate women that use their children as a bargaining chip!!!
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:26 AM
6 moms liked this

If you don't like it get custody of them...I'm betting that won't happen though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM
4 moms liked this

if you feel this way perhaps it might be better if you kept your money seperate from his.

Oh and don't have kids with him-bad idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
We've tried, he's gone to court but in out state unless the woman is deemed unfit it's unheard of for the father to gain custody.

Quoting Elyce225:
If you don't like it get custody of them...I'm betting that won't happen though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN