Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I don't want to buy your kid crap..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
7 moms liked this
To all you parents out there that work your butts off so that you can buy your kid everything their hearts desire the moment it occurs to them, I don't like you some times.
From your side I understand why you are tempted, but from the side of an aunt to an overly spoiled 7 year old, you suck.
We are on a budget and while we can afford birthday presents, I really don't feel that it would be worth it. Anything this child gets is not good enough, the wrong thing, or is already owned. I'm glad his parents have been able to give him tablets, 3ds, game systems and $50 collectors transformers, but for some reason it is expected that we buy accordingly.
So we will find something reasonably priced that he will just throw in the corner and tell us how much it sucks, just like every year, because listening to a child throw a tantrum over a present is a lot less annoying than listening to an adult throw a tantrum from the lack of one.
Vent over.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brokenmelody
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM
12 moms liked this
In that situation, I think a bag of socks is a good gift. ;)
Smorton64
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Time to just get the ungrateful brat nothing! Or just a gift card if you feel you HAVE to get something.
jandj4
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM
We just give cash or gift cards anymore
db1au
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

gift card

sweet.daydream
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Well that's annoying!
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would smack my kid, my kids never expect expensive things for gifts. They know whatever anyone gets them is thoughtful and picked just for them. Of course I'm not buying my young kids expensive electronics either. My 14 and 15 year olds have tablets and phones but my 3 younger kids don't.
sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like a brat. Does anyone except me value manners still?
BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Ungrateful brat! My DD is an only child so yeah, she has a lot of stuff. However she is grateful for everything she gets. I've taught her to be thankful for the big things and the small things. My mom bought her a book recently and she was SUPER excited and made her a thank you card right away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
I'm always worried my cousin will turn out that way. He almost gets whatever he wants. He wants a girly teaset really bad, but they only get him "boy" things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I am one of those parents whose kids have most everything they want and I can tell you that my kids have never, ever acted like that, nor would I find that behavior acceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)