Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those with twin boys or boys close together

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I have two boys that are 5 & 6 years old. They constantly bicker, fight, argue, physically hurt eachother, and rough play to the point where I am uncomfortable.

Is this normal?! No matter how many times I break them apart they are right back at it soon after. Im mentally exhausted and im about ready to commit myself to a psych ward!!!

Any suggestions? Tips? I feel like ive tried everything and im at my wits end.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM
My boys also fight a lot, but they also play together a lot so it kinda balances out. Do your boys play together or have any activities they like to do together?
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Mine are only 1 1/2 and 2, so I don't know :-/

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Mine are only 1 and newborn so bump.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

let them beat each other up. they'll figure out that it's not worth it.

I have a b and g that fight and bicker. they don't get physical bc that is not tolerated and has never has been but they will agrue bitterly. if it gets too bad, I will make them hold hands. for a long.time. and then I will make them do stuff while holding hands - like their chores. and they have to continue holding hands until they start working as a team. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Yes, they play together too. They like to ride their scooters together outside or play with their nerf guns together. They also hardcore rough play, which I hate, but its better than fighting, I guess.

We probably go outside a couple hours a day, sometimes more. They like to go to the pool too, but their Dad brings them after he gets home from work since I have a fear of pools/lakes/etc.

Their bickering and arguing just drives me legit crazy sometimes and they probably do it more than they actually get along.

Quoting momto2boys973: My boys also fight a lot, but they also play together a lot so it kinda balances out. Do your boys play together or have any activities they like to do together?

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I have four year old twins. They're best buds. I'm no help so bump
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:24 PM
It does not get better
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Ive considered letting them duke it out in their bedroom and leaving me out of it.

I dont condone physicaly violence either. I have no idea why they keep doing it! I have even told them that people who assault others can get in trouble with the police and go to jail to try and "scare" them from doing it but it doesnt work.

I have made them hug it out. The younger one LOVES it though, he thinks its a game, but my oldest acts like he is being tortured. I tried making them wear one of Daddies shirts, but they both thought it was hilariously funny, so that didnt work either.

I just hope they grow out of it or something by this point, or maybe when they start school they will be away from each other enough not to get on eachothers nerves every fifteen minutes.

Quoting teri4lance:

let them beat each other up. they'll figure out that it's not worth it.

I have a b and g that fight and bicker. they don't get physical bc that is not tolerated and has never has been but they will agrue bitterly. if it gets too bad, I will make them hold hands. for a long.time. and then I will make them do stuff while holding hands - like their chores. and they have to continue holding hands until they start working as a team. 

conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Mine are now 19 and 18.... they are best friends. They still argue and fight, but then next minute they're teasing each other over some game or something. They always watch out for each other too.
It does get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM

How old are yours?

Quoting Diva-Mami: It does not get better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)