Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just dont know.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have known my husband for six years, been together for 5 years, and married for two. For the first 4 1/2 years he was the perfect man. He cooked, cleaned, took on my oldest two kids as his own. He was just all around an amazing husband. Things changed within the past six months. It started out with death of someone close to me. I of course was upset and I like to be left alone when I'm upset. That's when the name calling started. The day after father's day I sat him down and told him I was done being called names and that I'd be taking the kids and leaving for a few days to think about what I want. He told me I could leave, but could not take our 1 year old with me. I told him I was taking our son with me. My son was in my arms and my husband took one arm and pressed it on my throat. As soon as I let go of my son to get him off me, he grabbed our one year old and left. There was no bruises on my neck and I was afraid that if I called the police it would be a he said she said fight. To make sure I got my baby back I told him what he wanted to hear to get them home.

He of course was sorry for what he had done and basicly agreed to start counseling. About 3 weeks ago he had told me to clean out the car. I was busy tending to other things and didn't get to it. Later that day going down the road he was complaining about how lazy I am and how I need to learn about obedience. I asked him why has a changed so much and like a treats me more like a servant. Because I was being "difficult" he proceeds to pull the emergency break up while we are driving down a two lane highway at 60 mph. My car did a 180 and traffic all around us came to a complete stop. I'm not sure how we didn't end up in a wreck.

Of course he is out of the house more for a separation then anything. I'm thinking I need to leave for good. But the problem I have is eventually I will have to let him see our child together unsupervised. His counselors wants me to start going with him for marriage counseling. I just don't know.........
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM
B
rockyhawk
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I'm not really sure what to say to help so here's a bump :( sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Uhh yeaahhh...Sounds like the start of a very abusive relationship.

I'd run. Fast. And far.

lollip0p
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM

shit...i wish i had some great advice for you, but i dont. Thats a difficult situation. Good luck

cleansedbyglory
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I am sorry about your relationship with your hubby..but for your kids' sake, LEAVE! <3 i will be praying for your protection and your safety! May the blood of Jesus Christ cover you and your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
The issue im having is eventually having to allow him to take our baby. I have taken steps to collect evidence to the abuse but, it won't be enough to get a supervised visitation forever. That's my only issue with leaving him.
JIJsMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM
I'd have been gone after the first issue. Letting your kids see that and grow up around it, is NOT ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM
He is not in the house. I am not OK with this at all. I am not willing to lose my job or my children because he can't control himself. I just want to know how to cope with him getting visitation to our youngest eventually. I'm sure its not going to end with me leaving, he will do it to another woman after me. I don't think my child is safe with him. He called our youngest a dumbass and stupid for falling off his tricycle. I worry about him getting violent with my 1 year old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)