Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh, here we effing go...

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
My 6 yr old started school on Tue. Now we are back to the crap where for the first two weeks, he's super tired and getting used to the routine by whining and crying about freaking EVERYTHING!!!
Do your kids take a couple of weeks to get used to the new routine of school?!
He's just being so disgustingly annoying. I can't wait till he goes back to normal
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
No, we work DS I to the schedule about a week before he's due back.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Yup, going through that with dd now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM
The first few weeks I think are the easiest. The homework is easier, they are refreshed from the summer and not burnt out on school yet
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM

My 14 year old son always has major problems going back to school.  Terrible anxiety for the first week or so.

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM

We'll find out starting Monday. They are both super excited for school, so no anxiety.. so we'll see how they do getting out of bed before 8AM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why you put them on that schedule before school starts. Mine didnt have any problems getting up and dressed.
missmikelots
by Beyond Blessed on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons bedtime gets cut by a half hour starting at the the beginning of august and works it's way down until school starts -it's helped out and worked out ever since I started doing it back in 3rd grade -(going into 6th) but yeah,I remember those days! Exactly why I started doing this. I don't have much patience for tired whining kid(s) even my own!
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM
This.
we have bed at 8 and up at 7 to do breakfast and get redy for the day all summer because my kids like to do things all day. They rarely even though I allow it, sleep past 830

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's why you put them on that schedule before school starts. Mine didnt have any problems getting up and dressed.
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I do this too

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, we work DS I to the schedule about a week before he's due back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's why you put them on that schedule before school starts. Mine didnt have any problems getting up and dressed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN