Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does your kids' social lives look like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
The older the kids get, the more important it is for me to keep up with the friend thing. While all the kids KNOW family comes first, it's not a problem to work around their friendships.

My family has always guilted me when choosing friends over family. Does it always have to be a competition?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM
It's a little harder for dd, since she goes to school in the next city over from our house.
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Mine are home schooled but we have a lot of social stuff. Speech, awana, co-op, story time, dance, 4-h, park days...
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Mine are really busy these days. The rule is: Friday nights and holidays family comes first, but their friends are always welcome to join us. I usually have at least one extra teen on Friday nights, others it's up to 10 extra. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

My DD is 6 yo & an only child.  Towards the end of last school year I sent notes home to several parents asking for playdates.  All of them responded & she saw quite a few friends outside of school and then those friendships continued over the summer break.  I also keep her active with dance classes & swim lessons and she's made some friendships in those as well.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM
DS has a BFF who is over our house a lot. He has also spent the night over his BFF'S house a few times too. They're only 6, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)