Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ALS FB Status.. Offensive or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

An old friend posted this status earlier today. How does it come across to you?

"...I was nominated for ALS challenge?? I'm very sorry to those who take this VERY seriously, but I just don't have time for that ... I will kindly decline and hold onto my finances for a cause closer to my heart, not that I don't care but I very prayerfully invest my money into things that the Holy Spirit puts on my heart and its just not happening this year ...thanks!" 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM
6 moms liked this
Honest, and I don't have a problem with it.

Donating to causes shouldn't be fads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't find it offensive. I will not be doing it if someone challenges me. I am not in a position to donate money, nor do I feel like dumping a bucket of ice water over myself. So I'll pass. I don't think he's being rude.
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I don't think he was being offensive at all. I believe he is just sincere in what he wants to do with his money when it comes to charities. It's no different then someone asking you to donate to something and you sincerely declining
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I wouldn't say anything but I would quietly think they are a jerk and probably are just being cheap and don't intend to donate to any cause.

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM
I don't find it offensive. I kinda find the campaign offensive. How much money is being raised bc you dumped water on you? I was challenged. I'm not in a place to donate, and no I'm not dumping water on me. I plan on just totally ignoring it.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It is respectful and it's just airing her feelings. Nothing bad.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

It comes across to me as honest. I find nothing offensive about it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Not offensive. A simple, no would have sufficed, but I guess they felt like elaborating.
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I was nominated and did neither
*shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-much-money-has-als-ice-bucket-challenge-made-1665848

They've raised 41 million dollars so far. Which is double the amount they made the entirety of last year. 

Quoting BabyPink07: I don't find it offensive. I kinda find the campaign offensive. How much money is being raised bc you dumped water on you? I was challenged. I'm not in a place to donate, and no I'm not dumping water on me. I plan on just totally ignoring it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)