Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The ice bucket challenge is a gimmick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
12 moms liked this
It's for people who want special recognition for giving to charity. Shut your damn piehole and give money to ALS without making a spectacle of yourself. You aren't special just because you dumped cold water on your head.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM
23 moms liked this

a very successful one, and one people are having fun with and enjoying. so what? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM
5 moms liked this
Because it's annoying and clogging up my social media. You people want a cookie?

Quoting autodidact:

a very successful one, and one people are having fun with and enjoying. so what? 

mrsjksimmons
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I agree. It is ridiculous and annoying.

Uhura
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM
5 moms liked this

Well who put bitchy in your cereal this morning?

Why does it matter if they want to make a fool out of themselves? It doesn't affect you if you don't want to do it.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I agree.

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

OK. My 13 year old and all of her 8th grade friends are having a ball doing it. They have so many Facebook friends that every hour someone new gets nominated.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM
18 moms liked this

It's a gimmick that's raised $40 million+ and made some rather entertaining short videos. Could be worse.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

They raised a huge amount of money and yes the ice water might be gimmicky but if it works it works. If people just gave to charity it would not raise nearly as much money nor would people be as aware of als. If op doesn't like it she doesn't have to participate but don't be a scrooge.

Quoting autodidact:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I am so sick of hearing about it.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I didn't ask for a cookie or anything else, I haven't done it, I've just enjoyed watching several of them. 

The Foo Fighters' was glorious and fun. 

Benedict Cumberbatch's and Tom Hiddleston's were hot, and Joss Whedon took an entire ice chest like a champ and was still as pithy as ever afterward. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because it's annoying and clogging up my social media. You people want a cookie?
Quoting autodidact:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)