Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I use formula and I don't feel bad!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
3 moms liked this
Yep. I used to but I don't anymore. Dd is my 5th baby and the very first to taste formula. It used to make me feel like such a bad mom but now I've made my peace with it. She is 7 moths now and ever since I left her overnight a month ago with her nana, to go to an out of town wedding, she has been absolutely inconsolable at night and angry at my breasts. She screams for hours and we are both miserable. She drained my freezer stock of milk and I pumped 3 times a day every day to try to replenish it but I only get drops. So I bought some formula. She gobbles down 4-6 ounces for her last feed in the evening and sleeps happily all night. If I don't give her a bottle she screams until past midnight and then wakes up every hour to eat until 6 am. I have other people to care for, I can't be that exhausted.

My other kids all did this as well and they never took a bottle. From birth to 14 months or so I was up 6-12 times a night because they needed to eat. I nearly went insane with sleep deprivation with each of them. They are all very thin with very high metabolisms so I have no doubt they really needed the calories. I guess my body just doesn't make much milk in the evenings and at night.

I'm glad my baby is full and happy. I used to e so anti formula. I thought of it as, at worst, poison at best medication to be used only when necessary. I guess that's how I'm using it, as medication. It's for my mental health and her physical and mental wellbeing. I've battles severe post partum depression with each child and I'm sure it had a lot to do with how exhausted I was. Will never judge a mom for formula use ever again.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Then don't bother posting about it.
Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
4 moms liked this
You shouldn't ever feel bad about feeding your baby 😊
JaeMommy07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't feel bad. But this is CM. Everything anyone does is wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I want to ff. DH wants baby to be bf.

I think we're going to compromise at bf for 6 months
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I used formula and don't feel bad. They are both healthy young men.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM
So? My baby is breastfed and wakes up twice a night
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM
I didn't feel bad using formula at all. I didn't even try to breast feed with either one of my kids.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:23 PM

That is awesome mama.  You're doing what is best for your family, that is all that matters.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I didn't feel bad for using formula either. It was what worked for us and there really isn't anything more to that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Why it is a great thing for a other moms to hear?

Quoting Anonymous: Then don't bother posting about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN