Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he cheating? Grounds for divorce?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I have been married for almost 9 years and we have five children. He's been going out of town for his job for the past several months.
Pretty much every time I call him after work he doesn't answer and IF he calls me back that night, he is obviously drunk and tries to lie about it (which is a stupid thing to lie about, pointless) so I assume if he lies about something so stupid, he lies about much much more!

It's only gotten worse and worse in the past month or so, night after night after night I cannot get ahold of my husband, the kids have just stopped expecting to talk to him on days where we don't have time to call him before school.

Is this grounds for divorce? What could possibly be so much more important than talking to his family at least once a day?
I know our minds jump to worse case scenario when things happen and change, which is why cheating keeps coming to mind, I'd never in 12 years thought he'd cheat on me though.
But here I am.. Thinking the worst.

How do you go about getting a divorce, where do I start? I've never considered it before and am clueless as to how to go about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Wouldn't you start at square one and find out if he's cheating?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
How am I to find out? I've done what I can from miles away to find out.. Even so, the disrespect is enormous and his priorities seem completely fucked as if now.

Quoting jamamama00: Wouldn't you start at square one and find out if he's cheating?
Yosoytumamii
by Mami on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Instead of jumping to conclusions like a looloo and going straight to divorce papers

Quoting jamamama00: Wouldn't you start at square one and find out if he's cheating?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Well you need to find out what's really going on first and then go from there. My man would most definitely be in the dog house for something so careless, but I'd want to know what's going on first for sure.
Do you have any way to get there where he's at for a surprise family visit since you all miss him so much? Is there any way you can find out, snoop around?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
check the phone bill and bank accounts.

my bff is going thru this. her husband just started working out of state and hed talk to her like 20 mins a night then say he was tired and on the phone bill, hed talk to a different number for hours.. after he said he was going to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How am I to find out? I've done what I can from miles away to find out.. Even so, the disrespect is enormous and his priorities seem completely fucked as if now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You google divorce lawyers in your area and make an appointment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I've thought of that, it just seems so economically irresponsible seeing as we have such a strict budget.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well you need to find out what's really going on first and then go from there. My man would most definitely be in the dog house for something so careless, but I'd want to know what's going on first for sure.
Do you have any way to get there where he's at for a surprise family visit since you all miss him so much? Is there any way you can find out, snoop around?
Serena1982
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:10 AM
If I didn't know what was up and I wanted to stay married, I would try talking to him, counseling or even an intervention if he was totally unaware of the damage. If that didn't work, then maybe divorce.
I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:12 AM
I've tried, he is the account holder and in order to have access to it I need a password of his which he "forgot"

Quoting Anonymous 3: check the phone bill and bank accounts.

my bff is going thru this. her husband just started working out of state and hed talk to her like 20 mins a night then say he was tired and on the phone bill, hed talk to a different number for hours.. after he said he was going to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How am I to find out? I've done what I can from miles away to find out.. Even so, the disrespect is enormous and his priorities seem completely fucked as if now.

Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
And you think divorce would be cheaper? Not being sarcastic...just an honest question. If you're willing to divorce him for something you don't known he's doing then obviously there's a lot wrong with the relationship other than him getting drunk and not calling enough when he's out of town.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've thought of that, it just seems so economically irresponsible seeing as we have such a strict budget.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well you need to find out what's really going on first and then go from there. My man would most definitely be in the dog house for something so careless, but I'd want to know what's going on first for sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN