Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry this whole ALS ice bucket is ruining your precious facebook newsfeed. How horrible for you!

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 48 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://aplus.com/a/anthony-carbajal-ice-bucket-challenge-emotional-video

ALS sucks ass.

It breaks you down little by little until you can't do any of the things you once enjoyed.

Imagine not being able to talk or feed yourself and feeling so damn trapped by your own fucking body. This is what happens until the day you die. There is is no cure. It is a death sentence and a horrible one at that.

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM

BUMP!

HisMrs2013
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:31 AM
I couldn't agree more.
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I saw a video today where a woman said she was going to donate an organization to help with apraxia instead. She was urging people to donate to an organization that touches them. I don't know. I thought it was shitty. My son has apraxia and my dad's cousin died from ALS. Not even comparable.

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Quoting HisMrs2013: I couldn't agree more.

It's pissing me off.

Kimicora
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Eh i don't care i only have around 40 friends on my facebook.. like 3 or 4 did it and everyones sharing them. Good for them. they are fun. I enjoyed adam lamberts video.

isn't the point of the ice bucket to make you feel unable to move due to your muscles clinching like thing?

But seriously stop bitching everyone, give it around another 2 weeks everyone will be done.

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Quoting AvantGardener:

I saw a video today where a woman said she was going to donate an organization to help with apraxia instead. She was urging people to donate to an organization that touches them. I don't know. I thought it was shitty. My son has apraxia and my dad's cousin died from ALS. Not even comparable.

That was shitty. She could have asked for help on her own. She didnt need to bring anything else into it.

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Kimicora:

Eh i don't care i only have around 40 friends on my facebook.. like 3 or 4 did it and everyones sharing them. Good for them. they are fun. I enjoyed adam lamberts video. isn't the point of the ice bucket to make you feel unable to move due to your muscles clinching like thing?But seriously stop bitching everyone, give it around another 2 weeks everyone will be done.

I have heard of this, but not 100% sure.

I agree. People are having fun and then awareness is being shared. Goodness it's not like there isn't other causes out there , but for some reason everyone is bitching about this and it's annoying. I see post after post on here and I hear wahhhh first world problems.

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't get all the complaining about this ice bucket stuff.

It's something meant to be giving and kind and thoughtful. Why are people upset?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)