Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Early puberty anyone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Do any of you have a daughter who started their cycle at an early age? If so, had you already had the chance to have the talk with her? Or was she completely blind sided by it? I started when I was 10. It scared the shit out of me and I called my mom at work as I was a latch key kid and home alone. She was shocked and left work early. I'm wondering if my daughter's chances of starting around that age are increased since I did.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:48 AM
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I was early and that was 30yrs ago.  I already was well educated on the subject.  Yes it is typically around the same time you started she will start. 

Oh and 10 isn't really early the normal range is from 9-15. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:52 AM
I was 10 when I started menstruation. 8 when I stated getting boobs. My mom had already had the talk. Yes, she could start around the same age as you. My dd is only 5. We will have those talks when we buy her training bras... though, she already somewhat aware.
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:53 AM
I started at 9 but my mom had already talked to me about it because everyone on her side of the family started early. I'm worried dd will start even earlier. She is almost 7 and is already growing underarm and public hair.
Vindictive421
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:54 AM
I started at 10, my older sister talked to me before it happened. She said "one day your vag is going to bleed, but don't freak out its normal" lol
C8linVilla
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM

i started at 9....but with the american diet now i have been reading a lot that children are starting earlier and earlier...idk if its true or not but i thought most started around 8-9??

AnotherKim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM

My daughter started last year at he age of nine. She handled it well. I have an older daughter and we talk about  that stuff around my younger daughter. Plus, she's read the books for girls and been through the class at school. I was more blindsided than she was, lol.

I was 11 when I started, and my older daughter was 13. My stepdaughter was around 13, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM

I have sons so no help

My sister started at 8 and I started at 13, so my little sister started her period before I did lol

My mom started at 10, so she was worried about me, and freaked out about her...

tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:05 AM

My two SD's did. They started at 8 and 9. I hadn't spoken to them, and I am not sure if their mother had or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM

My mom freaked over my sister (age 8) she called the doctor, and apparently it's not uncommon... I didn't start until 13

Quoting C8linVilla:

i started at 9....but with the american diet now i have been reading a lot that children are starting earlier and earlier...idk if its true or not but i thought most started around 8-9??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)