Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you DARE do THIS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

Give your cat a bath?  I am terrified to do this, but my kitty needs a good shampoo.  How do I keep from getting mauled to death?

UPDATE ON PAGE 5

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

He just sits and looks at me with hate and has an amazingly hilarious look. He just sits, growls and plots my death. When the bath is over, he hides until he dries himself off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Hold him by the scruff of his neck
reyna09
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM
I always had my brother bathe my cats lol he'd wear some kind of gloves so he wouldn't get scratched so bad.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM
My cat just sits there. I hold her by the skin on the back of her neck lightly just in case but she does ok as long as the water is warm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Quoting reyna09: I always had my brother bathe my cats lol he'd wear some kind of gloves so he wouldn't get scratched so bad.

I'm scared....girl has LONG claws!

catcameback
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Why does he need a shampoo?

Cats don't really need to be bathed unless there is a particular reason.

But i have bathed many cats.  It's never fun.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:17 AM

I had to give both of mine a flea bath once. I had to get in the tub with them (clothed), that's the only way it was going to happen. One huddled between my legs while I scruffed him with one hand and washed him with the other. The other is too big to scruff and the only position where I could hold him securely and leave one hand free to wash him was to hold him against my chest with his paws on my shoulder. I got just as much of a bath as they did but I managed to escape with only a few scratches. Don't fill up the tub with water, that was the best advice I got. That just freaks them out and they splash it everywhere. I took my biggest stockpot, heated water in it (not to boiling, just warm), and put that in the tub with us. I used a cup to pour it on them to get the flea shampoo out.

zeezoo
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:17 AM

I casually bind his feet beforehand. Tight enough to stay on, but loose enough to not hurt him.

My cat thinks he's a damned dog. He's always so damned dirty.

reyna09
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:18 AM
then first bath I ever gave I got scratched to hell. I wouldn't give them a bath again after that I was to afraid.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting reyna09: I always had my brother bathe my cats lol he'd wear some kind of gloves so he wouldn't get scratched so bad.

I'm scared....girl has LONG claws!

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:18 AM

No cats bath themselves there is no need to bath them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN