Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So am I a soccer mom?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 15 Replies

Okay silly question, but what makes a mom a soccer mom? I ask because my oldest dd (12) has started playing soccer. She played this summer on rec leauge and now will be playing on the schools modified team. Practice starts the day before school. So I spent a good portion of the summer driving her to practice staying to watch and then weekly games. I know I will be driving her to her pratice that happens the day before school starts after that they will pratice after school so I will be picking her up around 5 or 6pm.

I've already gotten into the swing of making sure her uniform was clean for the games and making sure what she wore to practice was clean as well. I make sure she has a water bottle full of water. And we've been talking about what kind of snacks she'd like to take with her to school so that she can have a snack between school and practice.

So am I a soccer mom? What makes a soccer mom?????

Just a fun post, fun question not trying to cause trouble.playing soccer girl

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM
To a point you are
MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Yup you're a soccer mom.lol It's ok I'm a baseball/basketball mom. (:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous: To a point you are
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM
That's what I used to think made a mom a soccer mom. Then I found out that soccer moms are usually obsessed, thank goodness you and I aren't. Lol
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM
The real question is whether you drive a minivan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I think a soccer mom refers more to those crazy moms screaming in the bleachers, interrupting practice, and being busy bodies amongs the other parents. Not just your kid playing soccer.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Please explaine. I ask beacuse dd says I am because she plays soccer and I am her mom. There for that makes me a soccer mom.  

Quoting Anonymous: To a point you are

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope not obessed  that's for sure. Just make sure she were she needs to be and watch her play. 

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m: That's what I used to think made a mom a soccer mom. Then I found out that soccer moms are usually obsessed, thank goodness you and I aren't. Lol

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I do not. But I have been talking to dh about trading in out 09 kia rondo for a min van. But that's more for having the room for all our camping gear when we go camping. 

Quoting B1Bomber: The real question is whether you drive a minivan.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Oh I know thoes moms, I used to move away from them at dd's games. I always felt that we should let the coach do their job and coach both during pratice and the games. Not saying I didn't cheer for my dd and her team I just wasn't shouting the whole game or trying to tell the kids what to do. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think a soccer mom refers more to those crazy moms screaming in the bleachers, interrupting practice, and being busy bodies amongs the other parents. Not just your kid playing soccer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN