Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I broke my....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I think I broke my tail bone last night. My ankle twist as I was walking down the stairs, and I fell down them hitting by but so hard, it sent shooting pains up and down my body. Iced it and slept, woke up this morning and my god, it hurts so bad even relaxing muscles to pee hurts really bad. I can't sit, I can't lay down, walking is ok but painful, and forget bending. My question is do I go to the dr? I'm not even sure they would do something for an injury like this. I took some ibuprofen this morning already. Thanks ladies
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Ouch! Hope you'll feel better soon.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I broke my tailbone twice when I was a kid. No they can't do my thing for it unless it's so bad you need surgery. I doubt that. It wouldn't hurt to get an xray and know exactly what you're dealing with though.
If it helps it took me 4 days to heal enough to function again. Maybe a couple weeks to be fully healed to the point of no pain. However I still can't handle pressure directly on my tailbone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Thanks... dh is being an ass too, he thinks he is getting laid tonight. Pretty sure if it hurts to pee sex is going to hurt too. Men are idiots

Quoting Anonymous: Ouch! Hope you'll feel better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I'll see if dh wants to take me to walk in clinic when he gets home from work for an x ray just to check it out.

Quoting cntrdmom: I broke my tailbone twice when I was a kid. No they can't do my thing for it unless it's so bad you need surgery. I doubt that. It wouldn't hurt to get an xray and know exactly what you're dealing with though.
If it helps it took me 4 days to heal enough to function again. Maybe a couple weeks to be fully healed to the point of no pain. However I still can't handle pressure directly on my tailbone.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I've done that before hurts like hell. I sat on pillows for awhile. While there isn't much they can do they might beable to give you something for the pain.

kthruz143
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I dislocated my tail bone almost 8 years ago and there are still many times where i still am in pain. It sucks good luck hope it starts to get better quick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM

When I broke mine, I went to CVS and bought a blow up doughnut to sit on. It really helped when sitting.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Those donut pillows help, I fractured mine but I'm a a baby and my dr. gave me painkillers and a 10 days off work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)