Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

High school students don't pack a lunch...they're too old for that.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 324 Replies
3 moms liked this

Do/Did you pack your HIGH SCHOOLERS lunches? Did they find it shameful to come to school with a brown bag lunch? Or do they get free lunches? Do they have money everyday for lunch?

I was having conversation with friend of mine and she thinks high school kids are too old to pack a lunch. She says is not cool and they will get laughed at. I couldn't help to but laugh at her for this.

So, I asked my 16 yr old daughter how she felt about it and she said the only thing not cool is going hungry at lunch and she'd plastic bag her lunch if it meant not being hungry. I love my daughter for this. LOL If there something special she wants then I will give her money, but she gets the free lunches at school.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM

dd will usually buy a lunch but she always has the option of making her lunch if she chooses to.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:07 PM
My hs dd sometimes packs a lunch and has had no issues
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Well I haven't been in HS for over 10 years so I'm not really sure what's cool now. Back then very few people brought lunch. I did have one pageant queen friend that always brought salad...
kellly
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
5 moms liked this

LOL, I pack my 14 year old freshman in hs lunch everyday.  She refuses to eat the crap at the cafeteria and they only get 25 minutes for lunch so she likes to be able to sit with her friends and talk while eating her home made lunch and not waiting in line to get greasy food.  Her friends are always asking if I will pack them a lunch too. She definitly does not get laughed at.

Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I carried a brown paper bag lunch all through high school.   Mine had my initials on it because I preferred mustard over mayonaise.

My mother made our lunches until we graduated high school, she was a stay at home mom/housewife until my father had his heartache in 1985. 

supermom200
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Considering my daughter thinks school lunches taste like shit, she packs her own or she goes downtown during lunch break to eat.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My school had Godfather's pizza, so I ate that when I ate. Or fries. Omg and chocolate chunk cookies. I'm really health conscious, as you can see.
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM
My daughter is a freshman and she packs her lunch some days. No one has ever said anything to her about it.
luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
I don't have a high schooler but when I was in HS, I was responsible for my own lunch. I was given $10/week to do with as I saw fit (it was allowance but if I wanted to buy lunch it had to come out of it). I only had a lunch block every other day (block scheduling and I had 7 classes, so every other day I had classes every block) so I frequently bought on the days I had lunch, but I also sometimes packed. I think by HS, putting the kid in charge is best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I remember this when I was in high school 10 years ago. People would look at you weird if you had a lunch sack of any kind. Stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN