Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you apply for medicaid if....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Your child was going to end up with extensive medical bills?
We are faced with this problem right now. One child needs therapy and xrays and his medication is getting expensive.
Medicaid would really help keep us out of a bind, and I'm considering applying for my kids. I'm not sure if we qualify, but I'm currently pregnant and with our private insurance it cost nearly 100 dollars every time I need to see my Dr.

I mean you consider if you have kids, making sure you can provide for them but do you take into consideration, what if my kid is autistic and needs therapy and Dr appointments every other week xrays and testing every year. Do you consider before having kids if you can pay medical bills for a special needs child?
Idk but I didn't. I never thought I'd be put in a situation where my kids were anything but perfect 100% healthy and now I know better. So would you judge me for applying for medicaid?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ER-momma
by LintLicker on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Hex yea i would! No i wouldn't judge you but i don't judge parents because their kids are on medicaid.

Eta: imo there's no way anyone can fully plan for kids. There's no way to know if when and how many times your kid will get sick, break a bone etc. Things happen- the unexpected happens. That's called life and no one can plan for every detail of life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM
That's awesome. And so refreshing. Thanks for your honesty.

Quoting ER-momma: Hex yea i would! No i wouldn't judge you but i don't judge parents because their kids are on medicaid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Yes
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Yes. That is what it is there for.

ER-momma
by LintLicker on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM
No problem

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's awesome. And so refreshing. Thanks for your honesty.

Quoting ER-momma: Hex yea i would! No i wouldn't judge you but i don't judge parents because their kids are on medicaid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Apply! I hope you get it! We went through similar with dd and needing a $3,000 cpap machine. Medicaid covered it!
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Yes I 100% would. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Apply! I hope you get it! We went through similar with dd and needing a $3,000 cpap machine. Medicaid covered it!
elkmomma
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM

A child trumps pride.

DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Apply! Between Medicaid and your insurance, it'll keep you out of the wringer. And with Medicaid, new baby counts as a family member pre-birth so that raises the income limit. Hope you can get it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN