Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fair or not? My friends brother got a military reprimand for this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
My friends brother is in the military and is a republican. He's not an Obama fan to say the least.

After all that's been going on he posted a Facebook rant where he called Obama a "n*gger traitor", said he hoped he didn't last 2 more years whether it's through "one person getting fed up or congress coming to their senses" and generally lots of angry stuff. He's normally much more levelheaded and he deleted it in an hour.

Well, today she told me he got a letter of reprimand from his boss- someone screens hooted it and turned it in, I don't know much about the military but apparently those can end your career? Like make it impossible to rank up. He has 3 little kids and a wife and has always dreamed of being career military...

Apparently he can't even really appeal it or it won't really make a difference. Fair or not? I don't think so. Free speech.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elkmomma
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you actually read the post?   I'd bet it's not the first time his opinion has gotten him into trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
6 moms liked this
He's an idiot. Yes it's fair. He basically said he hopes someone op
assassinates his commander in chief.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
13 moms liked this

He's in the fucking military, his life isn't his own, he belongs to Uncle Sam now. He publicly insulted his Commander and Chief. 

The idiot deserves what ever cut in rank he gets, he's lucky not to do time in the military jail. 

PS...... I DESPISE President OBAMA, but even I would have known to keep my mouth shut, and not spew that racist bullshit, while in the military.  

tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
5 moms liked this

There is no free speech in teh military. And he knows that.

He is a member of the military and wished death on his boss. Yeah, stupid move on his part. Maybe Taco Bell will hire him.

702girly
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep, that's fair. The president is his commander in chief. He publicly insulted a superior officer in an extremely racist way. It's the same as calling his first seargant a "n*gger traitor." That's not acceptable behavior in the military and he knows that. He's playing stupid telling civilians he didn't know.

No, it won't ruin his career. He's lucky all he got was a letter of reprimand. That's a very minor punishment for his actions. 

kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I am not sure what planet you live on, but free speech is not part of the military. A high ranking General was pull back to us and demoted for saying things about the president in Rolling Stone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Completely fair. You don't mouth off at your boss and not get in trouble, even if you hate the guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I'm all for having the right to your own opinion, and I'm not a fan of Obama either, but his "Facebook rant" does not sounds like it was the professional thing to do.

He has an image to uphold, and bashing the president (whether you support him or not) on a social media site where everyone can see it was probably not a wise decision.
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Haha, my kid had to have 4 interviews to get hired at Taco Bell!

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

There is no free speech in teh military. And he knows that.

He is a member of the military and wished death on his boss. Yeah, stupid move on his part. Maybe Taco Bell will hire him.

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM

It's fair. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN