Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I called my best guy friend yesterday

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 37 Replies

I am bi-polar and was having a bad mood swing.  I was crying and saying how much my life sucks.

he said "shut up. You have a man who worships you and loves taking care of you. You have one child that loves you more than the world. Get the fuck over it."

i love my friend. Most dh's wouldn't want their wives having serious conversations with another guy, utm my dh is happy he's my friend.

do any of you have a great guy friend like this?

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emycf
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Yes. He's always willing to listen and he's a GOOD listener too, not like a lot of guys out there who try to fix it even though that's not what you need. He's told me to suck it up a time of two for sure.
theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:37 PM

BUMP!

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Yup I married him 14 years ago
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Yeah, I have my brother in law. He's like the brother I was supposed to end up with. My brother has the personality of a wet sponge. My husbands friend became like part of our family, and then he told my husband he was gonna kill him to keep me. So, yeah.
Ol--Akasha--lO
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Nope. But my best female friend will tell me whats up without sugar coating it. I used to have a good guy friend. He went cray cray though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I had a guy friend that was like that until he decided he decided he loved me. He's 37 and still hasn't gotten married and I get a call from him once every 6 months. He doesn't understand why we can't go back to being good friends. :(

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:38 PM

yep, sometimes you need a male friend over a female friend. 

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM
I met my best friend when we were sixteen. We were so close. We talked about everything. He was amazing and I have never met anyone like him. We were strictly friends and I wish like hell he was still around. He died a little over 12 years ago.
I don't mean to be a buzzkill but he was a great friend to me. Guys can be awesome friends too. And even though I'd want him back anytime his saved my life in the end too.
theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I'm sorry

Quoting mommy211983: I met my best friend when we were sixteen. We were so close. We talked about everything. He was amazing and I have never met anyone like him. We were strictly friends and I wish like hell he was still around. He died a little over 12 years ago. I don't mean to be a buzzkill but he was a great friend to me. Guys can be awesome friends too. And even though I'd want him back anytime his saved my life in the end too.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Yeah. I have an awesome guy friend. He came to visit last May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN