Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Final draft of email to Boss (spin off of feedback letter post) UPDATE LINK TO EMAIL SENT ON PAGE 5

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
Boss,

It has become apparent that the agreed upon schedule change does not work with my current family obligations therefore I was hoping we could discuss a change of hours.

I am hoping you can work with me by perhaps creating a coverage schedule between Jen, Kristen and I so that this is no longer an issue and all sides benefit? I am also hoping we can discuss creating a similar coverage schedule in the evenings as well because it has become a requirement to stay 30 to 60 minutes past the end of my shift an average of 4 nights a week. I know I originally proposed staying as late as 5:30 but as time has gone on I've come to realize that because of loss of certain resources at home I would have to change it to no later than 5:15 on Mon, Tues and Wed nights for the most part.

Also an example: Recently Dr. Soandso had one patient left and I had to stay until they checked out only to find out a follow up appointment was not needed.
So perhaps in cases where there is only one patient left past 5 pm then the patient can be given a card and told to call the next morning for a follow up appointment?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Take out the second and third paragraphs
Perle1
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That is much better than the original draft. The first sentence in paragraph two should end with a period. Send this as an email, and remove most of the second and all of the third paragraphs. You really do not need all of this detail. Give details and reasoning when you actually have this conversation with your boss.

luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Yup. Your email is requesting a personal meeting, I'm which all the details can be addressed.

Quoting HIJKLM: Take out the second and third paragraphs
Perle1
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha we were coming up with the same advice at the same time.....means we're right

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this
In the first post I told her to say:

It has come to my attention that the agreed upon schedule change does not work with my current family obligations. I was hoping we could discuss a change of hours.

I would also like to discuss some ideas to improve the office efficiency if you are available to do so.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Sincerely,
Name
Phone number
Email address

She's just not understanding that she needs to have this discussion in person.

Quoting Perle1:

Haha we were coming up with the same advice at the same time.....means we're right

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I should add that I talked to the temp agency already and explained to them what was going on and my boss asked me about it before I left on Friday sounding pretty pissy because apparently the temp agency told her flat out I can't start at 8 o'clock. She said we needed to have a discussion about hours so this is me clarifying what I'd like to talk about before she sits down to speak with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
You should just write whatever you want. It's pretty clear that you are not going to take the advice given. Good luck with all this.
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM
This.

Quoting HIJKLM: In the first post I told her to say:

It has come to my attention that the agreed upon schedule change does not work with my current family obligations. I was hoping we could discuss a change of hours.

I would also like to discuss some ideas to improve the office efficiency if you are available to do so.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Sincerely,
Name
Phone number
Email address

She's just not understanding that she needs to have this discussion in person.

Quoting Perle1:

nmkj
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I missed the other post. This whole email is not necessary. Dear boss, I need to change my schedule. Here is when I'm available, here is when this will be effective. The end.
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

of course your boss is pissed, he contracted with the temp agency to find a temp to work the hours he needs someone for, not an employee who wants to dictate her own hours and make changes, when she isnt even a perm employee

Quoting Anonymous 1: I should add that I talked to the temp agency already and explained to them what was going on and my boss asked me about it before I left on Friday sounding pretty pissy because apparently the temp agency told her flat out I can't start at 8 o'clock. She said we needed to have a discussion about hours so this is me clarifying what I'd like to talk about before she sits down to speak with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN