Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am I wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My dh is a arachnologists for t house who do not know what that is it is someone who studies spiders ..... sometimes he brings his work home with him we have a wide collection of spiders in my household none of them poisness and are kept high up on shelves and with locks on there cages just in case they fall the wouldn't be able to get out my DD is a daddy's girl and well loves spiders and bugs she even bring me jars with bugs in them ..... we have taught her to be very careful with certain bugs and even showed her witch ones to stay away from .... one day my dh and dd go to the pet store for crickets and they come back with a king empior scorpion a baby one as a pet for my dd she knows she cant touch it and that only her father is allowed to open the cage and feed ..... but she didnt care she wanted to keep it and study it like her father does soo I allowed it...... my mother came over and my dd was so excited to show her her new pet my mother wasn't happy she threatened to call cps on me by saying im putting my child's life in danger she even threatened to take me and my dh to court so she could gain custody so I kicked her out of my house and cut all ties with her my mother isnt a very easy person to deal with she freaked out when my dh told her he was a arachnologists and threatened to take any of my future children away if she even saw one spider in the house ......am I wrong for cutting ties with her and am I wrong for letting my 8 year old daughter have a scorpion by the way it has locks on the tank also that my daughter isn't strong enough to remove nore known how to take them off ....

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Well, you both seem a bit extreme.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Longest run on sentence EVER.
Jade_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM
If anyone threatened to take my kid id do more than cut ties. Meh, its your kid and if you and dh agree she's safe then that's that...
Also this post made me cringe!!! ***fuck spiders...buuuh***
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I don't think you were wrong.

I do think you need to use spell check though.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM

This is a mess. It is sad you could not just write sentences.  I do not blame you for being upset with your mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I wrote this off my phone . It takes wat to much time to write proper

Quoting scarletmeshell:

This is a mess. It is sad you could not just write sentences.  I do not blame you for being upset with your mother.

Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Mostly you are correct, her over use of the ellipsis to separate her subject is, to me anyways, even more annoying.  

Now OP, I see your point, painfully after much mental translation, I am assuming you have had issues with your mother in the past.  To me this sounds as if your mother is extremely arachnophobic, and insanely controlling.  I would wager you did the right thing, my suggestion is to have your husband double and triple check local laws and regulations on keeping exotic pets (yes, some spiders DO qualify as exotic pets).  Also having a handlers license might help if some are poisonous and/or venomous.  

Quoting BrutalTruth: Longest run on sentence EVER.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

CPS won't take your kid from you for getting a legal pet from a pet store and keeping it in a proper habitat, so your mother is a moron to begin with. Anyone who threatens to call CPS or try to take your kids from you has no business being in your life, so cutting ties is probably the smartest choice you could make in that situation.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Calling CPS over spiders?  *headdesk*

I could see calling CPS if your house was infested with black widows or something, but spiders and scorpions that are properly contained?  Your mom sounds like a nutbar.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Incredibly annoying.

Quoting Pixers:

Mostly you are correct, her over use of the ellipsis to separate her subject is, to me anyways, even more annoying.  

Now OP, I see your point, painfully after much mental translation, I am assuming you have had issues with your mother in the past.  To me this sounds as if your mother is extremely arachnophobic, and insanely controlling.  I would wager you did the right thing, my suggestion is to have your husband double and triple check local laws and regulations on keeping exotic pets (yes, some spiders DO qualify as exotic pets).  Also having a handlers license might help if some are poisonous and/or venomous.  

Quoting BrutalTruth: Longest run on sentence EVER.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN