Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How to get past something ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Hi ladies. Last night, out of the blue, my dh accused me of being unfaithful. We've been together over 20 years, we were high school sweethearts. I've never strayed. EVER. No matter what I said last night he would NOT believe me. This morning, after me not sleeping at all, we got out of bed and I told him I didnt know how else to tell him i have never cheated on him. He finally believed me. Today he has been very apologetic, telling me he loves me and he's so grateful for me. I can't stop thinking about the things he said. He was SO hurtful. How do I get past this? I'm sure someone is going to tell me that HE cheated and is feeling guilty but I just don't think he would. I did ask him though and he swore on our children that he never has. Thank you all for any input. I just don't know how to handle him not trusting me.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Why would he think you cheated? His reasons?
angelizedsinz
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Many times the person making the accusations is guilty of something. I'd be questioning what started the whole thing.
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I wonder if he's been unfaithful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM
He said that he didn't like my texting a mutual male friend. It's a guy that has told me he liked me in the past but it was a verrrry long time ago. We are all 3 friends and there is absolutely nothing between us.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why would he think you cheated? His reasons?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I addressed that issue in the OP. No, I really don't think he has cheated. He os just a very jealous man. I just don't know how to deal with this :/

Quoting angelizedsinz: Many times the person making the accusations is guilty of something. I'd be questioning what started the whole thing.
rocamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Did you ask him why he thinks you cheated?  Ask him why would he acuse you of that?

Maybe talking it out will bring you answers and then we can get past it.

corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I think you need some time to heal from this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)