Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The email I finally sent to my boss (Link to outcome on page 10)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
Boss,

It has become apparent the agreed upon schedule change of 8:00 to 4:30 is creating some difficulty for the both of us therefore I was hoping we could discuss a change of hours to help address and correct the situation?

I am hoping you can work with me by perhaps creating a coverage schedule between Jen, Kristen and I so that this is no longer an issue and all sides benefit? I am also hoping we can discuss creating a similar coverage schedule in the evenings as well because it has become a requirement to stay 30 to 60 minutes past the end of my shift an average of 4 nights a week. I know I originally proposed my being able to stay as late as 5:30 if needed but time has brought along the realization that I would have to change it to no later than 5:15 on Mon, Tues and Wed nights for the most part.
Hopefully this will help limit the amount of overtime needing to be approved as well.

Also an example: Recently Dr. Soandso still had one patient left at 5 pm and though I am to stay until the last patient checks out it turned out no follow up appointment was needed.
So perhaps in cases where there is only one patient left past 5 pm then the patient can be given a card and told to call the next morning for a follow up appointment?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

PS My manager has always been requesting feedback on what works and doesn't work in the office because as I said before its a new practice that just opened.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:14 PM
4 moms liked this

LOL 

So 30 people in the other post tell you not to send it and you do?

Why did you bother asking?

luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this
So even though numerous people told you the second and third paragraphs needed to be removed and you left them anyway? The first paragraph was fine. This one far over steps boundaries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
You're going to regret that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No. That's barely readable.
maxswolfsuit
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Quoting luvnmyboi: So even though numerous people told you the second and third paragraphs needed to be removed and you left them anyway? The first paragraph was fine. This one far over steps boundaries.

Was there even one person in the other post telling her to send it?

Multiple managers told her they'd fire an employee who sent it and she did anyway. I hope she's a troll her sake. Or that she has a backup plan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I know because I'm presenting a problem and making suggestions.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're going to regret that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Why not just go talk to your boss?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I see you took no advice from that other post!  I really hope your resume writing skills are better than this because in the very near future you will need one when "boss"  shit cans you! 

allycally
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
You email should say...
I regret to inform you that I am no longer able to work in your office.My final date is____. Thank you

So then if you are an asset the office manager will discuss why u are quitting with you and then u can reveal everything else
maxswolfsuit
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know because I'm presenting a problem and making suggestions.
Quoting Anonymous 2: You're going to regret that.

Really, why are you posting this if you are going to ignore everyone?

What you are missing is that this is your problem, not your employers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)