Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A black man's perspective on the Ferguson riots

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
4 moms liked this

http://buzzpo.com/inspiring-video-conservative-black-man-addresses-ferguson-protestors/

It’s not too often that a man comes along who can light a fire within your soul. A man who “shoots straight from the hip” with common sense, and brutal honesty. A man who delivers the truth, even if it’s not what you want to hear. That man is Jonathan Gentry – a true conservative, and also a minister. Gentry made a video addressing the Ferguson protestors, and uploaded it to YouTube last week. Since then, it’s gone completely viral.

Gentry states in the video, “Us acting a fool because were pissed off at the police is not helping. Change isn’t going to come until we change it! All we know how to do is march, riot, and loot. This is not helping!”

“All of a sudden civil rights leaders come out of the woodwork. Black Panthers, NAACP – We want justice! No justice, no peace. No justice, no peace. SHUT UP! When there was 60 plus shootings a few weekends ago in Chicago, where were you? NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!”

Gentry discusses issues of “black people” blaming slavery, and police beating up on the black man. Gentry states, “I’m young, black, and drive a BMW. I live in the valley. How many encounters have I had with the police? Many! How many times has it got out of control? None! None! None! Nonsense! I’ve had many encounters with the police, and I became good friends with them. Tell me how come I can live that life, and you can’t!”Watch Gentry’s inspiring video below.

As a result of the video, Gentry was recently interviewed on Fox News. He began the interview by apologizing to America for the unacceptable conduct occurring in Ferguson. Gentry also took a few fun, yet honest shots at Obama’s lack of leadership regarding this crisis. His Fox interview is below.

I have one suggestion, and one suggestion only. Pastor Gentry needs to take a trip to Ferguson, MO. Send Al Sharpton, the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and the New Black Panthers packing. These individuals/groups are not helping. They create more racial divisions, collect their paycheck, and fly back to their mansions – leaving a much larger mess than there even was in the first place! Gentry is truly a man who “gets it.” Gentry is a man who can restore our faith in America.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:29 PM

There's a video if you go to the link

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:31 PM
He is correct in all he says
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: He is correct in all he says

I agree!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Bump

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

one black man's perspective.

can't speak for everyone

T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I only read the post. But he seems very level headed and very smart! Hopefully all the good advice is heard by all and used by many(that need it)!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Bump to read later. Wish I could watch the video - not on my phone though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting IamMex11:

can't speak for everyone

No he can't and doesn't, everyone won't agree with him and they have that the right to their opinions. He's expressing his opinion and perspective on the situation in Ferguson and has a lot of good points and conerns.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hence the use of the article "a" in the title

Quoting IamMex11:

can't speak for everyone

Brown.Suga
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I think he can only speak to his own experience. He is NOT the voice of Black America. And if he's so smart, what's his answer to how to fix the problem? He says marching, rioting and looting are not the answer. Decent people don't condone rioting or looting, but what is his suggestion if not marching?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)