Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ds isn't any different then your kid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
Omg! Ds is 5 and autistic, we went to the store and took ds. He started making noises he usually makes when we face with a lot of people. This lady said, "are you going to shut him up?" I looked at her while her child was opening things in her basket and said, "lady, my ds has autism and that's what he does. I can tell him to stop but he will start right back up. And by the way you should see what your child is doing!" Well she stated, "your son is special, wow and you bring him in the store. I would be embarrassed if I had a child like that." I wanted to FUCKING punched her in the face her and I said, "excuse me? My ds is just like yours. A child, yes he has his way but I for one see he is just like any other child I see. Thank you very much, have a nice day." I wanted to punch her in the FUCKING face and say mean things.

ETA: For those who say this didn't happen, well sit back and Stfu! It did happen, I don't come on cm and just say a story to get out there. I think it's funny how some of you thinking it didn't happen.

ETA2: Well, this went hay wired lol. I am not going to go through the replies, yes my ds is different but when someone says something about him I try to explain what he has. I'm not making an excuse just letting them know. Its ok to be different but I will not tolerate anyone talking like that to an autistic child.

I treat my son like any other child. He gets in trouble, he picks his toys up(with me helping), he plays with other kids and he is a typical child no matter what. I'm not going to treat ds like a baby just because of what he has. Ds is getting better with these noises, so it the way he is when there's a lot of people. When there's a few, he won't make any noises. I'm not going to discipline him over be disruptive because that's how he is. He gets PT over many things, esp the noises he makes. He isn't no different then a child that has a fit because a he or she can't get candy or a bag of chips all over the store while the parents shop.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Oh my
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM
She was a bitch. Sorry you had a rough day:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM
She was a bitch. Sorry you had a rough day:(
Jade_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Props to you than, if it was me id wait for bitch in the parking lot.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have run her over with the cart....accidentally of course

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM
4 moms liked this
I have a hard time believing people really act this way.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Well that escalated quickly.

I do love it when people talk trash and their kid is cutting up. Smh

brush it off momma, you're doing a good job! He has to learn how to act in public, just like every other child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Where do you women shop at where people say shit like this? I have a hard time believing this stuff, yes even at Walmart, because I know someone will mention that store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Im confused, yourchild us just like hers....or your childisnt like hers, he has autism and is allowed to b loud?

Your post is confusing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Should have bashed her with your shopping cart, and said, "Ooops"!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)