Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What really matters...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have just alot on my heart tonight about my kids. I see so many parents that are losing their kids daily. Babies being born to early , kids dying from cancer or accidents. So many parents that do not get to wake up tomorrow morning to see there angels. I think about this alot and it effects how I parent . I feel myself get mad about something and then I think if it is worth getting mad about. Is clean rooms worth making your kids miserable . I feel blessed to be a mom to these two little miracles that my husband and I have been entrusted with. Though everyday is not a perfect day and my husband and I are far from perfect parents but the thought makes me want to enjoy them more and more daily . Spend a little more time playing and talking and singing and dancing and loving and not worrying if your house is spotless or if your loaded up on all organic food if you breast or bottle feed or if you use cloth diapers or disposable ones. All that doesn't matter in the big picture. I implore you to breathe your kids in, hold them close spoil them a little more and capture a little more magic. You never know what each day will hold.
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM
:) well said.
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Thank you !this is me tonight at church rocking my 7 year old as he sleeps.

Quoting momasaurus420: :) well said.
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Mobile Photo

Us out to lunch the other day, he actually said I should take a pic. He's 4 and usually doesn't care for pics lol.

Love every precious moment!!:)

Quoting my2kids0506:

Mobile Photo

my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Precious !!!! He is so so cute

Quoting momasaurus420:

Mobile Photo

Us out to lunch the other day, he actually said I should take a pic. He's 4 and usually doesn't care for pics lol.

Quoting my2kids0506:

Mobile Photo

momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:09 AM
As is yours! :)

Quoting my2kids0506: Precious !!!! He is so so cute

Quoting momasaurus420:

Mobile Photo

Quoting my2kids0506:

Mobile Photo

my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Bump
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Bump
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM
This morning was a struggle a big struggle.
ms_amanda
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM
My Aunty had 5 kids and worked full time. She was obsessed with keeping her house clean. She worked cleaned and cooked. And yelled at the kids to clean. That was her life.

Now her kids are all grown and moved out.

She came over to my home for the first time in many many years. I have 5 kids, just like she did. The only advice she gave me was to not worry about keeping the house spotless the way she did. She said she wasted her kids childhood due to housework and keeping up appearances. That her biggest regret in life was spending all of her free time cleaning and cooking. That she wished she would have played a lot more. Best advice anyone has given me! Not that I'm over obsessed with housework.
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM
This is fantastic advice. I am so glad my mother never made a big deal about cleaning growing up. She actually never really made me clean my room. I still learned how to do it without her harping on it. So I will do the same with my kids. Teach them how but not make our world revolve around it

Quoting ms_amanda: My Aunty had 5 kids and worked full time. She was obsessed with keeping her house clean. She worked cleaned and cooked. And yelled at the kids to clean. That was her life.

Now her kids are all grown and moved out.

She came over to my home for the first time in many many years. I have 5 kids, just like she did. The only advice she gave me was to not worry about keeping the house spotless the way she did. She said she wasted her kids childhood due to housework and keeping up appearances. That her biggest regret in life was spending all of her free time cleaning and cooking. That she wished she would have played a lot more. Best advice anyone has given me! Not that I'm over obsessed with housework.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN