Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know it is none of my business but I can't accept it!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 63 Replies
I was molested and raped as a child. Several times, several family members. I was in and out of foster homes.

My husband has a 1st cousin, female, in her 30. She was molested for years by her father. He went to jail. Her mother divorced him and remarried.

The problem for me? He has gotten out of jail and his daughter has forgiven him and they have a relationship. She Allows Him Around Her Children. I had to leave a family cookout because I couldn't stand seeing them together. Acting like nothing happened. DH feels the same and both of us are considering not having anything to do with that side of the family. They all act like it's ok!!!

What made me angry all over again is she just wrote on her FB how she wishes him a very happy birthday and how great he is. Uhg!

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you  I would not want to be around a child molester either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM

so basically she should react and feel the way you say, she is not her own person and can not make decisions for herself.

so you are considering not having anything to do with her because you dont agree with her decision and if she doesnt change the way she thinks , you just wont have anything to do with her.

Do not take my comments as me saying shes right, just that she doesnt have to think and act like you say she does.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM
You're right, it isn't your business, but I wouldn't be around them either.
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I don't blame you a bit.
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
She does not have to think and act as I do. No one does. But yes I am considering removing myself from the situation.

Maybe I am not as mentally "healthy" as her. But if I am ever faced with one of my abusers, they will not be left standing. And my family has disowned them, as it should have been.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

so basically she should react and feel the way you say, she is not her own person and can not make decisions for herself.

so you are considering not having anything to do with her because you dont agree with her decision and if she doesnt change the way she thinks , you just wont have anything to do with her.

Do not take my comments as me saying shes right, just that she doesnt have to think and act like you say she does.

gingerprincess
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Ouch, that's a bad situation... I don't think I'd be comfortable around them either.

bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
That's horrible i couldn't keep my mouth shut about that
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Yeah I am not saying she is wrong but I can't do it. It's dysfunction at the highest level and puts her children at risk.

Quoting thenameshailie: You're right, it isn't your business, but I wouldn't be around them either.
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I agree with PP.  I think you have every right not to associate with him, because he is a convicted child molester.  I wouldn't be anywhere he is, including family events.  However to cut out the entire family, and the cousin because they don't feel the same way as you is extreme and dramatic.

New.OrleansLady
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
She's found a way to forgive him. You're correct it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

So if you don't like it, don't go near them. Don't make a big scene because ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN