Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I called 911 yesterday-WWYD- kind of long-Edit

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 56 Replies

I am honestly asking for thoughts here.  I am not sure of what to do from here, if anything, or if I did the right thing.

There are four people that live next to us. A guy who rents the house, his girlfriend and then his friend ( lets call him M because I don't know his name, and M's girl N.  N has two children, a toddler and a 7 year old that my two play with on the weekends when she's here. 

So yesterday, the little girl, Mariah, is over all morning and all morning, we hear M and N fighting.  There comes a point when I have to send Mariah home because my daughter had a soccer game and we had to get ready.  She goes home and my two go in the house.  I was packing the fold up, camping chairs in my car when I hear this loud slap sound from the house.  Then I hear the toddler start to cry and I hear M say, You see that Mariah?  You see your mom hitting me!  I creep along the side of my house to hear because I want to make sure Mariah is okay.

After a few minutes Mariah, the toddler and N start to scream.  I call 911.  I didn't know their address so I gave them mine and I hurried across my yard to look at their mailbox.  After a few minutes, 911 hangs up with me, saying them are sending someone.  As I'm walking back across the yard, the door to their house bust open and Mariah comes running out, crying very hard.  I stop walking as she started to fight with the gate on the porch.  Just as I'm about to run over and open it for her, she gets it open and darts down the stairs.  She sees me and starts to come to me but stops.

I start to try and coax her towards me.  I was going, come on, mariah, it's okay.  Come to me, it's going to be okay.  She is just in tears but shaking her head and saying, " He's beating my mom! He's beating my mom!" I could tell she was torn between wanting to come to me and not wanting to leave her mom.  At this point, her mom comes flying out with the toddler in her arms, screaming for Mariah.  She sees me and ask if I can keep Mariah until her dad comes.  M is neither of her children's dad.  I said of course and I asked the mom to come with me.  I said, you can come in my house, it's safe. You don't have to live like this. You don't have to take this.  Come with us, please.  

She shook her head as the M came out, screaming about hot much dick N sucks.  I scoop Mariah up and turn and hurry to my house.  I carry her in with her crying and I wake my husband up to tell him what is going on.  He goes onto our glassed in porch to listen, just to make sure M doesn't start to kill the mom or beat on her again.  I get Mariah calmed down while my kids surround her in stuffed animals. I just kept hugging her and trying so hard not to cry.  And I'm don't cry about anything but she was shaking and so scared that it was overwhelming.

After a bit, I go onto the porch with my husband and he tells me to call 911 again, he thinks the guy is going to kill her.  I beg my husband not to go over because I don't want Jesse getting into trouble.  ( My husband would have beat that guys ass. My husband knows how to fight is very strong and I didn't know what the mom would do if my husband started to whale on him and I didn't want Jesse in trouble. Plus this guy is ghetto so who knows if he has a weapon)  I call 911 again because 20 minutes have gone by since I first called.  

30 minutes after my first call, three cop cars show up.  The guy gets arrested.  Mariah's dad shows up and takes her, the mother and the toddler with him and his girlfriend.  

There is apart of me that is wondering if I did right but I couldn't help but get involved.  I heard him screaming at her saying how he just got out of jail 3 months ago and now she is going to send him back. So what I'm worried about is if he is going to want to take revenge out of me for calling on them.  Of course they are going to know it was me because I took the little girl and he saw me take her.  I am concerned with how he is going to handle that.  You know what I mean?  I hate that i'm worried and that now, I don't want my kids playing outside alone for a while.  Part of me is considering calling their land lord and reporting what happen ( and the fact that they have three dogs the LL doesn't know about and that they smoke a lot of pot there with the kids there.  I won't care about the pot if the kids weren't there and awake when they smoke it.  And I know that they are because a few times we have gone over there to invite them to cook out with us and they were smoking it with the two kids running around.).  

I'm also wondering if the cops will get CPS involved for kids.  According to the girl, the guy beats on the mom alot.  So what would you guys do now?  Do I just leave it at this and be done or what?  If it wasn't for the kids, I won't think about any of this

Edit: They have a dog who runs around the yards all the time and just a little bit ago ( date is now today, 9-5) my husband;s grandpa ( who lives on the other side of us) let his two little dogs out.  One is a weiner dog. Their dog, Daisy was running around again.  She came flying across my yard, grabbed the weiner dog and lifted her in the air by her neck.  She started to flipping her around.  The weiner dog was screaming.  I started screaming Daisy's name and yelling for her to let her go.  My daughter started screaming.  I yell for my daughter to get in the house, meanwhile yelling at the dog to let the other one go.  I look towards the neighbors house because I didn't know what to do.  I see them sitting on the porch so I start yelling for them.

Daisy picks little dog up and starts shaking her again, pins her to the ground, clamps down on the neck, lifts her again and started shaking her all over the place.  I'm yelling and finally grandpa comes outside and yells.  Neighbors finally get off the porch and start walking over.  Daisy lets little dog go and started growling.  Being stupid ( I know) I got between little dog and Daisy.  Wiener dog is 12 years old, Daisy is 2. Wiener dog is just laying there and I think she's dead but then she gets up and starts screaming as she runs towards Grandpa.

By the time she gets to him, she does stop yelling but I can see she's dazed.  He opens his door and she pisses all over the sidewalk.  She goes into the house but yelps as she climbs up the stairs.  The neighbors do not say I'm sorry or ask if shes okay.  They take Daisy home and go in.

How would you guys handle this?  Because I have a dog, that gets put on a line but now I'm worried

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course u did the right thing. I'm sure u would feel even worse if the mom got killed or the children. Just make sure u lock ur doors all the time and watch ur kids when they are outside. Ask police to patrol ur road more and maybe get a restraining order against him.
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Yes you did right but don't be surprised if she goes back to him.

It sounds as if they feed off each other and until they go to counseling they will cotinue in this pattern.

CPS will probably get involved make sure you tell them what you said here. I worked with abusers and abused for a long time. both are usually responsible for what goes on.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM
You did the right thing. What if the man would have killed the mom in front of the kids? What if he would have hit the kids? If he ever threatens you call the cops immediately and get a restraining order. But abusers don't typically go after the person who called the cops they go back after the abused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM
CPS will be involved. They will offer the mom services. If she refuses and goes back to him, CPS will take the kids.

You did the right thing.
summerlove3677
by ReedusSlut on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I really hope they do get involved.  I mean, if Mariah's dad is a good dad, then he won't let her come back over here again.  Mariah told me that the boyfriend beats on the mom all the time but that was the first time I ever heard a fight between them.  ANd I think you are right, I think they do feed off each other.  

Quoting DisabledVet:

It sounds as if they feed off each other and until they go to counseling they will cotinue in this pattern.

CPS will probably get involved make sure you tell them what you said here. I worked with abusers and abused for a long time. both are usually responsible for what goes on.

summerlove3677
by ReedusSlut on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I mean, I do know that I did the right thing.  I don't think I will ever forgot the look on her little face when she saw me in the yard.  

Quoting Darkangelpunk: Of course u did the right thing. I'm sure u would feel even worse if the mom got killed or the children. Just make sure u lock ur doors all the time and watch ur kids when they are outside. Ask police to patrol ur road more and maybe get a restraining order against him.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Quoting DisabledVet:

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM
You did the right thing
Aussie.mum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Crazy! I think you dealt with it the best way you could. If they were screaming it could have been someone else in the houses around that called the cops, not necessarily you. Hopefully she takes the kids and leaves him now.
summerlove3677
by ReedusSlut on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I know, I know.  I am glad I called but I am worried, you know?

Quoting Anonymous 1: You did the right thing. What if the man would have killed the mom in front of the kids? What if he would have hit the kids? If he ever threatens you call the cops immediately and get a restraining order. But abusers don't typically go after the person who called the cops they go back after the abused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN