Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
My MIL called CPS and told them I wasnt giving my son proper medical care for his foot. They made a visit the morning after I got home from being gone for a week. I let them in and provided proof that I was in fact getting him proper medical care.

My house is old. Some of the plugs are coming out of the walls and we only have 1 smoke detector. Also I am the one who does all the cleaning so when I left the house wasnt as clean as it should be. The night I got back home it was late and I was too tired to clean. I have a new smoke detector to replace the old one. I just havent put it up yet. As for the plugs,the man I rent from refuses to fix them and since I live paycheck to paycheck I cant afford to fix it.

CPS told me my kids could no longer stay in the home! The woman was a real bitch and threw a fit about there being dishes in the sink from breakfast.

Can they even do that? Over something so petty? I have installed the new smoke detector but the plugs are just covered for now because I cant for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

Oh and the kids bedsheets were dirty and in the wash so she said tht was another reason they couldnt be here.

Her list was as follows:
Dirty dishes
Not enough smoke detectors
No bed sheets on beds
Beds on floor not on frame
Plugs hanging out of walls

Before anyone asks...my kids beds are on the floor because they like to clean their rooms by stuffing everything under the beds.

My husband and I are drug/alcohol free and have no criminal history. Now how is this even legal?? My kids are clean happy and healthy. Not dirty abused or neglected!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The smoke detectors and plugs are definitely an issue (because they are a serious safety hazard), but the other things are not supposed to be problems unless they are extreme (like you hadn't done dishes in two weeks or there were no sheets for the kids' beds at all).

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, sounds like the visit was warranted.

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
What do the plugs look like?? Can you post a picture. The other stuff is easy to fix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Yep the plugs comeing out are a safety hazzard. you should have moved as soon as he refused to fix them
mommyof2txbabys
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM
So where did they send them? Also sounds like the mil needs cut out and not allowed around anymore
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM

well you need to go against your landlord on the problems,

Where are the kids then? if they cant stay there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
This will NOT go well for you your going to get torn to shredds
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Ill post a pic when I get home if I can figure it out. My dad was like SUPERGLUE lol but it didnt work. What it is is the entire plug itself...outer plugs and all are hanging out. it covered in electrical tape though so there are no wires showing.

Quoting destiny3513: What do the plugs look like?? Can you post a picture. The other stuff is easy to fix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
How old are the kids?
elkmomma
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Call her supervisor, they usually don't take the kids on the first visit...unless there re extreme circumstances or  threat to  life.  Doesn't sound like that was the case.  Normally they give you a list of "what's wrong" and a time frame to fix them before a return visit.  Nag the landlord about the sockets, those are just a waiting to hurt someone.  Call the fire department, many will give you new free fire / CO detectors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN