Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe my MIL said this to me!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

My MIL is passing thru and stops at our house to "bond" with our 11 month old. She says, "I just want to ask you something, I just want to know". So already i'm like what is she going to say. Then she asks me, why did "I" wean my daughter from her paci? I tell her. Then she says, well I just think a pacifier and rocking chair (which she urged me to get and I didn't) are vital tools a baby needs to....

I have no idea what she said after to because I tuned her out. I really thought this was rude. Now keep in mind I don't have a problem with you asking me a question, or even disagreeing with me, it's the judgment behind that you can leave at home.

Our daughter's age is mentioned above and she has been off the paci since 7 or 8 months. Why is it that she is just now asking? I feel like she just wanted to pick with me about something.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong with her being off the pacifier. My daughter quit it at like 4 months... She didn't want it because it didn't give her food lol. I think I read somewhere that if kiuds use the pacifers too long it messes with their teeth.
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Honey, and I mean that in a way that sets me up as the aged women with lots of knowledge. This women will be giving you advice and throwing stones for, hopefully the rest of your life. Be cheerful and stupid pretend to listen and do whatever the f you want. Do not second guess yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM

And she wonders why we don't have a closer relationship. Everytime she comes, she has some little comment like that. It's so annoying  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My MIL is passing thru and stops at our house to "bond" with our 11 month old. She says, "I just want to ask you something, I just want to know". So already i'm like what is she going to say. Then she asks me, why did "I" wean my daughter from her paci? I tell her. Then she says, well I just think a pacifier and rocking chair (which she urged me to get and I didn't) are vital tools a baby needs to....

I have no idea what she said after to because I tuned her out. I really thought this was rude. Now keep in mind I don't have a problem with you asking me a question, or even disagreeing with me, it's the judgment behind that you can leave at home.

Our daughter's age is mentioned above and she has been off the paci since 7 or 8 months. Why is it that she is just now asking? I feel like she just wanted to pick with me about something.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
I think you're ignorant if you're going to get offended by a little discussion with your mil... seriously, get off your high horse.
Ps. I never used a paci or rocking chair, so I'm not agreeing with your MIL...
shortyalicia
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
My daughter stopped taking a paci when she was 7 months old. She just didn't want it anymore.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
What? Why did you quote yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

And she wonders why we don't have a closer relationship. Everytime she comes, she has some little comment like that. It's so annoying  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

mrsjksimmons
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM

My son was only a couple of months old when he discarded it. He had more fun throwing it than using it so I trashed em. She sounds like she wants you to feel like she has all the advice and you should only come to her if you need something.

228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Yeah. You have bigger issues then your mil if you get upset over something like that.
niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It seems as though she is a "picker". And that is fine. Smile, and let it go in one ear and out the other. From my experience, the first year with your oldest is the hardest with in laws. Especially if you do things differently than they did. But all of the little things that are big things now, will soon be obsolete problems. My inlaws and I struggled a lot with my first. Now? SO CLOSE! Wait it out.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM
11 months and your MIL thinks she should still gave a paci?

Also I only used my rocking chair for like 10 months then Mouse got to big
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)