Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She Makes It So Hard To Love Her!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My mom...I just don't know where to begin. Growing up, we clashed. A lot. Since I have grown up, moved out, and started my own family...we get along better. We still have our moments though. So much has happened lately...I just want to cut her out of my life...but I love her too much. Anyway, in 2010 she left my dad and moved in with her Aunt C (who is only 10 yrs older than her...they've been more like sisters). 2-3 months later...she went crawling back to dad. In 2011, my great aunt C (her same aunt) gave me her house, and bought a house beside mom and dad. Aunt C had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and mom wanted her close by so she could help. A month or 2 after the move, mom moved back in with her. She didn't "leave" dad per say, but never talked to him. Only called if she needed something. Dad is getting old and started thinking about retiring. He bought a big lawn mower so he could landscape part time if he did retire (he can't stay home with nothing to do). He started mowing a lady's grass he dated in high school. Mom got wind of it, got pissed, filed for divorce. It's getting pretty ugly and I'm trying to stay out of it. I was planning to sell my house and move to be with DH (he got a job out of state). Come to find out...my name was taken off of the deed and since my aunt gave her POA to my mom, her lawyer won't let her deed it to me. Mom said she's thinking about selling the house they live in..,and moving into "my house" once we move. She's also trying to take dad's house, land, etc.
The icing on the cake was today. Mom has been wanting a dog for a while. A kid that my DS is friends with had a chihuahua they had to get rid of. She got it. She was already housebroken and had her shots. The little dog loved my DS and followed him everywhere when he was there. The first 3 days she had her...she stayed with me. No problem...except that I have an 80 lb male pitbull. He's not aggressive...but 1 snap or swipe of the paw and that little 4 lb dog would be toast. I told my DS that we couldn't keep her...it was grandmas dog and I didn't want to take the chance with our dog. Finally, mom took her back. The little dog followed her everywhere. She would bark at my aunt (she didn't know her). I told mom to at least give it a couple of weeks and let her adjust...see how it went. Well she didn't. She gave her away Saturday. The problem is that she told DS that it was his dog. He wanted to go see her, so I had to tell him today that grandma had given her away. He was so hurt! He was hysterical...crying one minute...mad the next. I got him calmed down and in bed finally. I love my mom, I do! But I'm so tired of her jerking everyone around and always playing the victim! I wish I could move tomorrow! Ughhhhh
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Cliff notes? That was a wall of text.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Sorry it was so long! There's so much more, but this is the watered down version. Also, I'm mobile. Please forgive for lack of paragraphs :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Sorry I'm mobile...so no paragraphs. That was cliff notes...I could write a book! Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: Cliff notes? That was a wall of text.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It was fine. Ignore the lazy asses.. I read through it n perhaps just start distancing yourself from her for a bit see howw that goes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry it was so long! There's so much more, but this is the watered down version. Also, I'm mobile. Please forgive for lack of paragraphs :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Cliff notes Her mom is a greedy bitch. she used her power of att to take OPs name off the house her great aunt gave her the great aunt has alztimers and moved next door to OPs Parents the mom moved in with the great aunt. Ops dad wants to retire and wants to do landscapeing to havve something to do mommy dearist found out OPs dad is mowing the lawn for a woman he had a crush on in school so now she wants to divorce. even though she basicly left him before this happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and mommy dearest got a small dog but it was staying with the OP for three days. mommy D told OPs son it was his dog. but the OP has a Large dog and worried it would hurt the little one so she asked mommy D to take it back to her house instead of lletting the dog get use to her house she just gave the dog away without telling OPs son
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Sorry your mom sounds like a bitch. your family would be better off if you cut her out of your life.
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM

you dont need another bad moment with her, spend some time apart, maybe you need it and it could help both of you out.

lollip0p
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Aww, that sucks. She sounds like a nightmare. I don't see her doing anything bad enough to be removed from your life. But id sure keep my distance for a while..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:06 AM
I know that's probably true...but it's so hard. As an adult, I finally had a good relationship with my mom. I don't want to lose her. My kids are very close to her (my son was a little too close and I've been working on putting some distance there for a few years now)...but now she's hurting them too. I hate it. I've tried to talk to her about many things she's done. She never sees herself at fault and gets mad/sad/hurt. She's helped me so much through the years too. Idk. I'm just ready to move and have distance. Family really sucks sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sorry your mom sounds like a bitch. your family would be better off if you cut her out of your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)