Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're huge!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 183 Replies
I'm 6'3". I have an hourglass figure, (think Marilyn Monroe body.) I'm not fat. My hips and boobs have certainly gotten bigger after having my son's but I'm by no means a blob. Before marriage and kids, I loved my body. My hourglass figure was tight in the right places and I Had a nice tummy that I had worked hard on. Now that I've explained this, here was my experience at the store this evening.

I've always been asked how tall I am, comments on my height, and have even been asked if they could take a picture with me, (that only happened once when I was in high school.) I've gotten used to it. Tonight, I had to make a quick run to the store and took my two year old along with me. As I was turning down an aisle, I paused to let a woman pass me. Her husband was looking the other way and when he turned and saw me, this was the encounter.

Man: WHOA. She is huge!

I ignored him and continued down the aisle. Behind me, I heard him yell, "Layla! Look at this lady walking down the aisle! She's f@*king huge! "

I kinda chuckled in amazement and then laughed really hard when I heard his wife say, "Yeah. I saw her! Now shut up! "

I was going to ask if he wanted to take a picture but his probably incredibly embarrassed wife had yanked him away.

It honestly didn't bother me, but it got me thinking about things others notice and choose to comment on in daily life. My oldest gets comments on his tall stature as well and my youngest has bright red hair and a lot of people comment on that. Not a big deal. But what about you ladies? Are there characteristics about you that get a lot of attention? How about your kids or spouse? Do you comment on things you notice about strangers?

ETA:I added a lot of detail because I know how CM can be. I am putting my kids to bed but will answer when they are asleep! :)
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DameDeLaMer
by (that girl) on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Well that was rude of him.

My dd mostly gets comments about her hair and eyes. She has these light blue eyes and blonde curly hair. Not really curly but like ringlets. Oh and of course how much she looks just like her daddy.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 6'4.. I was 6'3 at 13.

I have had that my whole life, people say really jacked up things.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM
That was rude.

DS hollered "Look at that little man!!" in Wal-Mart once. I wanted to die. I told him we don't mention things like that, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

DS had an excuse, he was only 3, this guy should've known better.
CaptD2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
It was, but I've heard things regarding my height my whole life so it didn't phase me too much. If my DH had been with me, however, it would have been a different story. Lol

Quoting DameDeLaMer: Well that was rude of him.

My dd mostly gets comments about her hair and eyes. She has these light blue eyes and blonde curly hair. Not really curly but like ringlets. Oh and of course how much she looks just like her daddy.
CaptD2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Lol I thought this might catch your eye! I've had comments similar to tonight's in the past and was once told I shouldn't be allowed to wear heels because I look like a sideshow freak. I got that one in college by a drunk frat boy. It stung!

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: I am 6'4.. I was 6'3 at 13.

I have had that my whole life, people say really jacked up things.

CaptD2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, your DS had a great excuse. The man tonight was very short so maybe he had small man syndrome and my Amazon stature intimidated him? I'm telling myself that because it makes me feel better. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: That was rude.

DS hollered "Look at that little man!!" in Wal-Mart once. I wanted to die. I told him we don't mention things like that, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

DS had an excuse, he was only 3, this guy should've known better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That was really rude of him. I could kind of see if a small child had said it, but an adult should know better.

Once, I was in a restaurant and walked to the bathroom. I walked past a very elderly man eating with I assume his children. He clear as day said "Look at her boobs. They're huge." I just looked at him, saw his children were mortified and kept walking. I assume he had some dementia
CaptD2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I worked with elementary school children for many years and though they commented on my height often, it was usually sweet or adorably naive, (they thought I must be at least 50 because I'm tall and another gal I worked with must 20 because she was tiny. I was 23 at the time and my co-worker was 58. Lol)

Man, I feel bad for you and that poor old man and his family. I'm sure they were mortified.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That was really rude of him. I could kind of see if a small child had said it, but an adult should know better.

Once, I was in a restaurant and walked to the bathroom. I walked past a very elderly man eating with I assume his children. He clear as day said "Look at her boobs. They're huge." I just looked at him, saw his children were mortified and kept walking. I assume he had some dementia
robinclements86
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I don't comment on ppls features. Unless of course it's about them being pretty or something u know is a compliment. I'm not gonna comment on something that's unique or different Bc I'm sure they have heard it so many times and it's gotta get old.
Nothin really ppl say to me. Except ppl comment on my eyes sometime saying they are big. Sometimes is nice but a few ppl have been like whoa u have big eyes. Last man who said that said it like I was scary looking lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Mine is about my boobs. I'm always "the one with the huge boobs". It use to bother me but I just laugh about it now. What can you do?! People have no couth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)