Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so jealous of BFF's!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I need one! I have friends I've had since school but I moved to a different state, had kids and now I have like one friend-who I adore but we never get past the awkward phase and I've known/hung out with her for years! I wouldn't be comfortable calling her just to bitch or over sharing about my sex life or anything. Lol! I need a bff! :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Me too :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Where do you live? In RL, I'm pretty shy too. And 4 kids?? You definitely need a bff! Lol

Quoting shymomof4: Me too :(
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Lol I live in nc. What about you?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Where do you live? In RL, I'm pretty shy too. And 4 kids?? You definitely need a bff! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Iowa :( I do have one close friend that lives in nc also :) how old are your kids? Mine are 1 and 3 and both girls.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Oh hun make the transition with her. Don't call to bitch and vent but call to catch up and slowly work into that comfortable phase. Its so good once you just let go and trust! If she's truthworthy that is. If she isn't right though hopefully the right person will come along. Have you tried going to any meet up's of mama's near you? Library or local malls who do mom's meetings? Might be good for you to meet locals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:53 AM
I try! She is a great, loyal person and we do have fun together but I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks and she Never calls me. I feel like the phone should work both ways! But you're right, I need to make a better effort too. I don't know, our relationship is weird and we both are maybe too shy/guarded for some reason? Our dh's even get along! We're so..polite. Lol crazy.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Oh hun make the transition with her. Don't call to bitch and vent but call to catch up and slowly work into that comfortable phase. Its so good once you just let go and trust! If she's truthworthy that is. If she isn't right though hopefully the right person will come along. Have you tried going to any meet up's of mama's near you? Library or local malls who do mom's meetings? Might be good for you to meet locals. 

lunchforthesky
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Whattt I just moved from NC and I need a bff. :(

Quoting shymomof4: Lol I live in nc. What about you?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Where do you live? In RL, I'm pretty shy too. And 4 kids?? You definitely need a bff! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Where did you move to?

Quoting lunchforthesky: Whattt I just moved from NC and I need a bff. :(

Quoting shymomof4: Lol I live in nc. What about you?

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh. My BFF and I wouldn't talk by phone for months and months. Both of us hate the phone making the calls more so than actually being on it because making a call I actually have a weird aphobia of it (I think she simply hates it?) but once on the phone we talk for hours and hours! We're mostly online talkers but have gotten a lot better in the last couple of months. Don't take it personal some people just don't like the phone and prefer online/text talking. It can feel so one sided that way I know and I hate it too but if its worth it it can't hurt maybe if you call more she will too? 

The shy will go away with time the more you show each other you can trust one another. Loyalty is the best thing you can ask for in a friend! I bet things can turn out well maybe just a bit more effort on your part will sway her to trust you a bit more and encourage her to also call. Best of luck mama!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I try! She is a great, loyal person and we do have fun together but I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks and she Never calls me. I feel like the phone should work both ways! But you're right, I need to make a better effort too. I don't know, our relationship is weird and we both are maybe too shy/guarded for some reason? Our dh's even get along! We're so..polite. Lol crazy.
Quoting rosemagic01:

cmmember
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:58 AM
Me too :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)