Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People Actually do this to their 2-month olds!!!???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 478 Replies
16 moms liked this

I delayed vaccination and then selectively vaccinate my children.  I was just looking at the recommended vaccinations for a 2 month old and it's:      Dtap, Hep B, HIB, IPV, PCV13, Rotovirus.  THAT'S INJECTING 6 VACCINES INTO A LITTLE 2 MONTH OLD IN ONE VISIT!!!  I find this insane.  When I was a baby, we only had the dtap, polio and MMR and that was it, with no more then 2 in one visit.  I cannot imagine how this can be safe---6 shots.  And I'm not anti-vaccination.  And who signed their baby up for the research to prove that an infant is okay with 6 shots at once???  NO ONE WOULD.  So how do we know this is safe???  No wonder there are so many children with neurological issues, immune disorders,  behavior issues and allergies.  I'm just curious to see if other mothers think that injecting infants with 6 shots seems logical, normal and safe. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:20 AM
15 moms liked this
Mine have been vaccinated on time and have never had more than 4 in one visit. Two more wouldn't make much difference to me though.
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:20 AM
5 moms liked this
Some are combos and I believe the rotovitus one is oral. But I agree, it is a lot at once.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
22 moms liked this

Yes I was fine with giving my children all of their vaccinations and on schedule.  All 7 of my boys have been vaccinated and on schedule.

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My ped never does more then two shots at any visit. One for each thigh.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
5 moms liked this
I don't allow more than one vaccine at a time and I don't start until after one year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
25 moms liked this
I vaccinate per my child's DOCTOR.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM
11 moms liked this

Lol I love all the moms who listen to drs about this or that but dr's do not know anything about vaccinations.

why bother going to a dr at all.

AmiJanell
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We did everything on schedule with our son, but he never had 6 vaccines at a time and for sure not when he was 2 months... but we did decide that it was way too much and he was miserable and cranky for days, we did things differently with out second... 

With our daughter we delayed and spaced her's out... we didn't do any vaccination or meds at birth, and only 2 pokes per visit when she was tiny... after she was 1 I allowed 3 pokes if needed (mostly to get her caught back up because we had gotten really behind) 

catcameback
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM
16 moms liked this

Do what you think is best for your kids.  MYOB on kids that aren't yours.

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM
16 moms liked this

It's NOT ok. I've known this for some time. And let's not forget that some shots are compromised of many different ones, so you're giving them much more than you even think.

It's sad. It's sooooo sad and disturbing how much is being injected into our kids these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN