Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA: sister can't come to my wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 371 Replies
Update:

My little sister just arrived earlier! She ended up asking a good friend's friend to look after her cat. I know some of you think my sister has issues or doesn't care about my wedding.

My sister is very caring when it comes to all animals. She will be the first person to help animals in need and donate resources to the local animal shelters. I know some people won't understand my sisters deep love of animals, but I do. I love that she has a big heart and I believe she will do great things for animals in the future.

Also my sister and I are very close. She was very happy and supportive of my engagement. Even though she is very introverted, she has welcomed my fiance with open arms.

Thank all of you that have congratulated me on my wedding and offered helpful advice!

I am so upset and disappointed. My sister will not be attending my wedding next week. She has a cat and lives in another state. My sister just told me she can't go to my wedding because she has no one to look after her cat.

I told her to just board him. She said it is too much money. She also claims that her cat gets afraid in unfamiliar places and he will yowl all day and night and won't eat or drink much.

Ugh can't she just leave food and water around the house for him to eat? Aren't cats more independent than dogs?

I am not trying to be heartless, but I want sister to be at my wedding!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammabear87
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:44 PM
8 moms liked this

what a heartless bitch it's not like you told her a week ago she had plenty of time to find a pet sitter.

Tatum2U
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:45 PM

how long would the cat be alone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM
She said her sitter cancelled.

Quoting mammabear87:

what a heartless bitch it's not like you told her a week ago she had plenty of time to find a pet sitter.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM
13 moms liked this

Sounds like she is making excuses. Does she like your fiancé? There is no way I would miss my sister's wedding!!

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry =(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM
She lives in Michigan and I live in Texas. So he would be alone for at least 4 or 5 days.

Quoting Tatum2U:

how long would the cat be alone?

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM
9 moms liked this

Sounds like sis doesn't want to come to your wedding. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM
4 moms liked this

I would be so hurt if that was my sisters excuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like she don't wanna go. I leave out extra liter boxes, a ton of food and water when I leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:49 PM
She gets along with him. She did have a sitter planned but he cancelled and she has no other feasible options.

Quoting UCFknight:

Sounds like she is making excuses. Does she like your fiancé? There is no way I would miss my sister's wedding!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)