Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im jealous of moms who have girls :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 283 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have boys and wanted a girl so bad that my last pregnancy I was sure it was a girl! But ultrasound showed a boy! My hubby was excited and I acted excited too..but that night in the shower I cried secretly ... I was crushed..my boy is here and I love him so much that I tell myself thing like oh thank god I don't have a girl . they have attitude or it would take forever to get them ready...but I still deep down want a baby girl! I'm such a hater lol and jealous of my friends who have girls !!!! Anyone ever felt this way?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww ((Hugs))
babyblue415
by champagne on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM
4 moms liked this
So adopt a baby girl?
working-girl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM
It's okay. Im sure you are not alone. I think every mom dreams of having a little girl if her own some day. Hang in there.
manda.
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I'd be happy with either sex really but I can definitely see where you are coming from. Sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I'm sure everyone feels that way when they have a baby after wishing for the other gender. I felt it when I got pregnant with my son, I wanted a girl so bad. I already had a girl, but I was scared to raise a boy.

ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM
6 moms liked this

I have 3 boys and know exactly what your going thru, i have learned to trust that God didnt give us a girl because i would be in a constant state of fear for her LOL We would be butting heads on everything from clothes to makeup and dating!  LOL My dh is on the same page with this and has also said he wishes we had a girl, but knows God doesnt make mistakes.  We know if God wants us to have a girl  He will make it happen.

Smh77
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I wanted a girl soooo bad with my first. I am so head over heels in love with my little boy, that I am now having a hard time wrapping my head around the little girl that will arrive any day now. God (or whomever you believe in) has a reason for each choice that is made. Be blessed and happy that you have children, period. Stop fixating on the gender, and focus on the beauty of parenting!!!
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:15 PM
6 moms liked this

I am not jealous of those who have daughters.   I have an awesome daughter in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:16 PM

That has to be tough. We have one son and im pregnant with my second daughter. I would be heart broken too if i didnt have any girls. I love the princess stuff and doing nailsMy almost 2 year olds "pretties"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:16 PM
4 moms liked this

I know exactly what you are talking about. DH and I have 4 boys. The day after I found out #4 was yet ANOTHER BOY, I cried in DH's arms in bed when we woke up in the morning. I felt so guilty for being upset once I held my baby! He was the sweetest little guy. When I got pregnant with #5, I was a mess! I cried about nothing and my #4 son was right there hugging me and patting my back. I could not believe that at 2 1/2 years old, he could be so understanding and sweet! Now that he is 9-years-old, he is still the sweetest, kindest, most wonderful boy ever! I cannot imagine life without him! I was so happy when the tech said, "ITS A GIRL!!" With baby #5!! I thought she was kidding! I did not tell her I already had 4 boys ahead of time. I waited until after she said ITS A GIRL! I asked her if she was sure since I already have 4 boys. She said she was 95% SURE my baby had girl parts and no boy parts could be seen! LOL!! LOL!! She also checked several more times while doing the measuring and at the end of the ultrasound, she said she did not see anything but girly parts! I got to have several more ultrasounds after the 20 week ultrasound b/c my DD was a very, very high-risk pregnancy. Every time, the tech would assure me there were no boy parts! LOL!! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)