Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scariest moment of my childhood...share yours

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies

My grandmother lived with us when I was young.  She was always home when I got home.  One day I got home and she wasn't there.  Front door was unlocked.  There was a note on the kitchen table that she had to take my baby brother to the ER and I was to go next door.  First, I headed off to the restroom.  While I was in there I heard the front door open.  Then heavy footsteps.  I knew it wasn't my grandmother because she had a cane.  My dad didn't live with us. 

I hid in the bathtub.  I heard the footsteps walk past the bathroom and open doors, Then I heard the bathroom door open.  Eventually I heard the front door open and close.  I got out of the bathtub and ran out the back door and climbed the back fence to my neighbors house.  I was freaking out. 

She was freaking out too......she had sent her teenage son to get me and he couldn't find me.  Even at 8 I couldn't figure out why he didn't call out for me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM

bump

Bibliomaniac
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM
When I was 12 I always rode the bus home to my grandmas house. She had lung cancer. One day in October I got off the bus to find her sitting in her chair. She had died and was completely covered in blood. she had a small tiny hole in her lung and every time she coughed her lungs filled with blood and she essentially drowned in it. There was a trail of blood from her bedroom to her chair and bloody hand prints on the walls.
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM
My brother died when I was 5, at his funeral I didn't want to kiss his cheek because I couldn't figure out why he wasn't being goofy like he always was.

My aunt forcibly picked me up and made me kiss him. My mom was trying to calm his friends down outside because he had socks on and they wanted to take them off because he never wore socks and he wouldn't like them, she didn't know what my aunt had done and was pissed when she found out.

I know it doesn't sound that bad but had you known my brother you would understand why I thought it was a joke and couldn't understand what was going on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM

There are too many to list one. I was abused.

mammabear87
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Honestly childhood nothing but when I was 20 my mom had surgery and the doctors had a hard time waking her up. It was scarier because I had a nagging feeling something would go wrong. Everything was fine she was just overly tired.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Being molested.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Wow, I'm so sorry. Hugs mama.

Quoting cadditalbrat: My brother died when I was 5, at his funeral I didn't want to kiss his cheek because I couldn't figure out why he wasn't being goofy like he always was.

My aunt forcibly picked me up and made me kiss him. My mom was trying to calm his friends down outside because he had socks on and they wanted to take them off because he never wore socks and he wouldn't like them, she didn't know what my aunt had done and was pissed when she found out.

I know it doesn't sound that bad but had you known my brother you would understand why I thought it was a joke and couldn't understand what was going on.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Hugs mama. I'm so sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

There are too many to list one. I was abused.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Being homeless
HAHuskey
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Me and my siblings found my step dad dead after he killed himself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN