Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am about to kick my DD out because she wont follow one simple rule

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
4 moms liked this
I dont have many rules but one of them is to let us know if you are or not coming home that night. I like to set the alarm and lock up but I dont want to lock anyone out. The rule is pretty simply if you know if you are coming home or not let me know. If you dont know then I just treat it as you are coming home and leave the deadbolt unlocked

I couldnt care less if she does or doesnt come home that isnt the issue. I dont even care when she comes home if she does but it has been several times where I have locked up because she didnt let me know and she has to wake me up to let her in.

I dont think that it is that unreasonable for her to say if she will be home or not or she doesnt know. None of my other kids have ever had any of this. My parents had the same rule and I never had an issue with it either.

ETA: We have tried just locking her out. She will wake us all up. Constant phone calls, banging on the door, windows then she left and did it again the next time. She wont just learn.

ETA2: So I can stop repeating myself. She has a key however the deadbolt locks only from the inside. On the nights she comes home she locks the dead bolt.

I am not going to go out of my way to buy new things or change everything up so she can do whatever the hell she wants. As I said in the other ETA we have just ignored her and not let her in she just goes somewhere else (usually her bfs place) so that isnt really a consequence for her.

Also I dont think getting the police involved is worth wasting their time...i told her to follow the rule or get out
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM
BUMP
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Reasonable request

DensHag
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM
How old is she? If 17 or so I don't blame you.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this
Just tell her after a certain time you will be locking up.
all2gethernow
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I have the same rule. Simply a matter of respect for the others in the house. My kids follow it, no problem.
BrittMom2B
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Could you have her a key made?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Then she calls to wake us all up

Quoting notjstasocermom: Just tell her after a certain time you will be locking up.
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Completely reasonable
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Quoting DensHag: How old is she? If 17 or so I don't blame you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Why doesn't she have a key?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)