Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thyroid tumor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Anyone who has had their thyroid out, care to share your experience with me? My younger sister has a 5 cm tumor on hers and has to have it removed. They took biopsies, but are not sure if it is benign or malignant yet. In any event they believe it to be a slow growing mass, and most likely benign, but since it is so large and wrapped around her thyroid, they will be removing her entire thyroid gland either way. Curious how you felt after and how long recovery took, if you have a noticeable scar. I'm worried about her!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Please tell her to go to naturalthyroidchoices.com.  If the nodules are benign, then she needs to detox and take iodine to heal her thyroid.  She most likely has hashimoto's or graves (autoimmune disorders of the thyroid).  Stephanie's website is full of very useful information.  She is a thyroid cancer survivor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Thank you, I will send her that information.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Please tell her to go to naturalthyroidchoices.com.  If the nodules are benign, then she needs to detox and take iodine to heal her thyroid.  She most likely has hashimoto's or graves (autoimmune disorders of the thyroid).  Stephanie's website is full of very useful information.  She is a thyroid cancer survivor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:26 PM
bump
Jubileee
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Thank you for posting this! I have Hashimotos and am underactive.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I have a large nodule on my thyroid. It occasionally goes active causing hyperthyroidism. I've been in remission for 2 years now though and hoping to stay that way to avoid surgery.

Good luck to your sister!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)