Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

weight loss. this is it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I'm gonna need encouragement, stories, whatever. I've been going to the gym but I'm at a complete loss on what to really do and I can't afford a trainer.

I need to lose weight, hoping for 100 lbs, but I'd be happy for 60..

I went today, did some weights (about 20 minutes, focused on my legs today)... then I did the treadmill for 15 minutes. I tried to run, but walked the majority of it (3 min of running, on and off)

Obviously, I gotta do cardio for a lot longer. At the end of those 15 minutes, my side was cramping something horrible.

Advice, help, whatever, I'm all ears (well eyes. Lol)
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofirish3
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Bumping for advice too :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Oh, for the weights, what's better? Like today, I did the leg press, 70 pounds, 10 times each for 5 times. Is that ok? My arms are my weak points, I could barely do the bench press for 30 times at 30 lbs (breaking them into 10 times each session)
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Are you tracking your calories or anything like that? How are you tracking progress? For me progress is my number one motivator.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM
A lot of gyms have free trainers with your membership. Did you check with your gym to see if they offered this option?
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM
You need to track your calories and exercise, I workout for an hour to an hour and a half 6 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Honestly, not really. Progress is just how long I can withstand whatever I'm doing.

But I am doing a workout journal with a food journal. Write down everything I eat, write down what weights and cardio I do, at whatever reps/sets, time, etc.

Quoting AvantGardener:

Are you tracking your calories or anything like that? How are you tracking progress? For me progress is my number one motivator.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I thought it was better, when you are starting an exercise regimen when there wasn't one previously, to start out slow doing mostly low-impact cardio and steadily increasing it to build your stamina.  Then start weight training when you hit your first plateau?  anyway, bump for someone who is more educated about this.

momofirish3
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I think if your side cramps when you are doing cardio you need to drink more water. Google stitch, I think and there should be some ideas on how to prevent the cramping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
This is what I was going to say. At least a consultation with a trainer at the very least.

Quoting Anonymous 2: A lot of gyms have free trainers with your membership. Did you check with your gym to see if they offered this option?
rylansmommy4108
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Im in the same boat but I cant say anything about weights my job does enough of that for me lol lifting 5lbs-150lbs . But at my gym we have whats called an arch trainer...I do that thing its amazing cardio and better than a treadmill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)