Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have good teeth?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM
  • 50 Replies
I brush regularly and floss... Less regularly. But I don't do anything special and every time I go to the dentist they tell me how fantastic my teeth look and to keep up the good work.
Then I have a friend who flosses at least twice daily, brushes after every meal, and does everything she can to keep her teeth clean and whenever she goes to the dentist something new is wrong with her teeth. It makes me feel a little guilty when we talk about the issues she has with her teeth.
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teenkabear
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I have great teeth, have never had a cavity in my life.  And I was *NOT* so great about brushing them when I was younger because my mother just didn't care, like at all.

My middle child has always been very good with her teeth and cares for them the way the dentists recommends.  She brushes, flosses, uses mouth wash, etc.  Last time I took her to the dentist, she had 4 cavities.  Her dad has awful teeth, too, so it's blamed fully on him.

It's genetics.  Some people have good teeth, some people have bad teeth, some people are middle of the road.  You got lucky in that department or you didn't.

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:21 AM
So far it seems as if my kids have gotten my good teeth. So far none of is have ever had a cavity, but their dad has awful teeth, so knock on wood.

Quoting teenkabear:

I have great teeth, have never had a cavity in my life.  And I was *NOT* so great about brushing them when I was younger because my mother just didn't care, like at all.

My middle child has always been very good with her teeth and cares for them the way the dentists recommends.  She brushes, flosses, uses mouth wash, etc.  Last time I took her to the dentist, she had 4 cavities.  Her dad has awful teeth, too, so it's blamed fully on him.

It's genetics.  Some people have good teeth, some people have bad teeth, some people are middle of the road.  You got lucky in that department or you didn't.

markswife03
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM
They look nice, but they seem to be fragile :/
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Never had a cavity. Almost never floss unless I feel something stuck between my teeth. I only brush once a day. Sometimes I skip out of exhaustion. I haven't been to the dentist in almost 10 years. Don't find it necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM
No. My mother's side had TERRIBLE teeth. They look okay, but rot fast. If it wasn't for regular dentistry I would look like trash. I keep up on them. At first my dentist thought I just sucked, but he has seen how quickly they fall apart.
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Doctors appointments sooth me, lol.

Quoting ColieO: Never had a cavity. Almost never floss unless I feel something stuck between my teeth. I only brush once a day. Sometimes I skip out of exhaustion. I haven't been to the dentist in almost 10 years. Don't find it necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Mobile Photo

Yup. Even passed on my awesome genes to my son. Lol
Bumblebutt
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I have horrid teeth. I didn't take care of them as a kid/teen and I pay for it now. 

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM

yes, luckily. Otherwise I would have none.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I hate going to the dentist. Loathe it. I'm glad I have good teeth. I think my kids got my good teeth. I took them end of last year and the dentist said they were the cleanest, healthiest kids teeth he'd seen in a while lol.

Quoting o.O....: Doctors appointments sooth me, lol.

Quoting ColieO: Never had a cavity. Almost never floss unless I feel something stuck between my teeth. I only brush once a day. Sometimes I skip out of exhaustion. I haven't been to the dentist in almost 10 years. Don't find it necessary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)