Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FML!!!!!!"! GO THE HELL AWAY!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I woke up this morning with a fucking cold sore right in the middle of my upper lip :(

I REFUSE to have a cold sore when I have this baby! I want to be able to kiss toes and her cheeks and I can't do that with a cold sore.

Normally I would take Goldenseal and use Abreva (sp?) But the stupid bottle says not to take it if you're pregnant and I can't go get Abreva from the store until DH gets paid tomorrow.

Anyone know any other ways to get rid of them?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM

dab vanilla extract on it all day, will dry it up and before you know it , it will be gone.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM

everything says not to use it if you are pregnant, even cough drops, it is a blanket CYA

call your ob and ask if it is safe

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM
My mother get them. I know she use to use Blistex. Can you call your OB to ask about something for it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Lol that is a good point. But I have to wait to call them :( they do t open until 9:30

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

everything says not to use it if you are pregnant, even cough drops, it is a blanket CYA

call your ob and ask if it is safe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Call your doc and ask for herpes meds. Clean it with alcohol. That campho phenique stuff works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I will but they dont open until 9:30.

I figured I'd ask on here until then, you ladies usually have a bunch of natural says to "cure" stuff

Quoting tracy0812: My mother get them. I know she use to use Blistex. Can you call your OB to ask about something for it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Carmex works
KristyKat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM

This. I broke out BAD after having my last and itching from morphine. Our peditritian gave me meds that cleared it to keep baby safe.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Call your doc and ask for herpes meds. Clean it with alcohol. That campho phenique stuff works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Gah I knew somebody was going to bring that shit up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Call your doc and ask for herpes meds. Clean it with alcohol. That campho phenique stuff works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Does this actually work?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

dab vanilla extract on it all day, will dry it up and before you know it , it will be gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)