Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it Ok to look at Your s/o Facebook/phone msgs??

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
  • 166 Replies
Would you get mad at UR s/o for looking through your text msgs or Facebook msgs??

Do you go through your s/o msgs on fb or phone??

If so, why??
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife1622
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine goes through my phone and I know it. I have nothing to hide. I would go through his if it wasn't so boring lol. We are married with no secrets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I guess it depends on why you're going through them.

For us , it doesnt matter to us, I check dh's phone for him , if hes driving or took the dogs out and it dings that he has a message.

dh checks my phone for me every thursday morning before he leaves for work, thats the day Im most likely going to be texted to come  in for work, on my day off.they know to text before 7am , when dh leaves. He does it so I can sleep in, if the text comes , he gets me up.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I would only get mad if he did it without asking. I have nothing to hide, and he knows all of my passwords, but I feel he should at least ask first. Since I'm the one that cleans his phone out, I have blanket permission to look through it, and read his messages, so I can be sure not to delete anything important.

Celia21
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM
What if it is just to check what UR doing

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I guess it depends on why you're going through them.

For us , it doesnt matter to us, I check dh's phone for him , if hes driving or took the dogs out and it dings that he has a message.

dh checks my phone for me every thursday morning before he leaves for work, thats the day Im most likely going to be texted to come  in for work, on my day off.they know to text before 7am , when dh leaves. He does it so I can sleep in, if the text comes , he gets me up.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM
It's ok and acceptable but it's not a habit to go through each other's things.
tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Its ok for US to go through each others messages. We have nothing to hide from each other.
Celia21
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Mmmmmm is it ok for them to go through msgs and open all the msgs from guys?

Quoting lovinglife1622: Mine goes through my phone and I know it. I have nothing to hide. I would go through his if it wasn't so boring lol. We are married with no secrets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband doesn't use fb and I don't go through his phone but if he gets s text while home then I usually check it for him no big deal
DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM

We share passwords and all but we don't actually go through each others accounts/phones etc.  There is no need.  Neither of us has reason to suspect the other is hiding anything.

Celia21
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Mmmmmm ok ok. I have nothing to hide, I just wonder why people do that. Like if it's a trust thing

Quoting cntrdmom: It's ok and acceptable but it's not a habit to go through each other's things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)