Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Boy wearing a skirt to school...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I volunteer at my daughters school. She's in the first grade. There's a boy in fourth grade who has worn a skirt to school just about every other day. He looks boyish and everything so I don't think it's a transgender issue... But some of the parents have complained and the principal checked in with the superintendent and there's nothing she can do. But the poor teacher has to deal with the bulling and issues surrounding it. She called his parents but they were no help.

What do you think? Should he be allowed??
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I think he should be allowed to wear whatever he wants. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this
I do not agree with bullying for any reason, that being said kids can be mean. But his parents are setting him up to be bullied. I wouldn't let my boys wear girl clothes to school. People are just too mean, and I wouldn't want them picked on. Luckily my boys are all boy and hate anything girly. I feel sorry for that little boy.
143myboys9496
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Instead of calling the superintendant, maybe the principal should help the teacher deal with the bullying. Unbelievable.

Quickest way to fry my fritters is when schools claim to have a 'zero tolerance' policy to bullying and shit like this still occurs.

Maybe it is a transgender issue. Maybe he's a boy who, feels like a girl. Maybe he's a boy who just wants to wear a skirt. He should be allowed to wear what he wants. He'll still be bullied if he stops wearing skirts, because he's alread worn them. 

echoishername
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I think reprimanding the bullied, regardless of the reason they are being bullied, is ridiculous. I don't care if a child shows up in a unicorn costume, you don't get to be an asshole (child or not).
rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Why can girls wear pants if boys can't wear skirts?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM

sure he should be, and the parents who complained are assholes

Sissi30
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Yea, my son wouldn't be allowed to wear a skirt to school. My boys will be boys and they will act like boy's. Terrible parenting to allow your son to do that. Just like no one wants to be friends with the tattle tail, no one wants to be friends with boys dressing that way. Just how it is
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
No I dont think boys should be allowed to wear skirts
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM
No tolerance for bullying doesn't cover boys who wear skirts? Smfh.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I think the bullies need to be reprimanded.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)