Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do so many grown women not have their license???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
4 moms liked this
Reading posts on here baffle me sometimes. I really don't understand how so many women do not have their license and have to rely on other people to be driven around. It's crazy to me! I understand if you can't afford a car but that would hopefully be a temporary situation and shouldn't stop you from getting your license. Seriously how do you function daily without driving? How do you go to the grocery store, drs apts, your kids sports/school activities, etc.....

This obviously does not apply to people who CAN'T drive due to medical reasons or people who live in the city or somewhere where public transportation is easily obtainable.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I don't understand it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I don't know I enjoy my freedom.
bashelle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I am terrifide of driving. I am 22 and I barely drive. My husband loves driving so we go every where together. obviously I know how to drive if something was happening and I needed to take my baby or anyone to the hospital I just dont like how stupid people are on the road so I dont drive. lol

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM
My mom has a license but lacks the self confidence to drive. I think it's sad, personally, but I've always been very independent so it's not something I understand.
2littledaisies
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM
3 of my grown nephews don't have their license and I don't even get how they are surviving life lol I'd go crazy. One is about to have a baby and I'm like.. What if something happens and you can't drive? Wtf
Vindictive421
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I don't ask people to drive me around, I love on a Main Street. The pediatrician, dentist, cvs, smart n final, thrift store, dollar store, laundry mat, the bank, nail salon, hair salon, autozone, radio shack, Payless, subway, pet store, high school and elementary school are all on the same street. The dmv is across the street from my dds park. I walk everywhere!!!! if I want to go to china town, downtown, or little Tokyo I only have to get on one bus for 10 min, if we go far we just take a Lyft.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm scared to drive so I don't drive.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM
The woman who moved in with me for awhile after her husband had left was 40 and didn't have a license. She had had a learners permit for 25 years lol. I pushed her to get one and let her drive the spare car over the summer.
zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Every thing is close by. I have my permit but have only been behind the wheel twice.  It's not that hard to get around.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Dh is my sole means of transportation. I'm a homebody who only leaves the house 2 or 3 times a week besides going for walks.

Never been an issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN