Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow, I didn't expect that from my 13-year-old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
3 moms liked this
It is the third day of school, the first and second day of school we had a little bit of an issue because my 13-year-old daughter is now taking extra time doing her hair and making sure she has just the right outfit on… Hence we were a little bit later than I'm comfortable with. Yesterday I told her things had to change and she had to figure something out. Today she woke up half an hour early! She told me that last night she made the decision to change her alarm clock because it was more important how she looks than how long she sleeps.

LoL... I didn't expect that from her, but I'm a proud mama this morning. I'm sure she'll be tired and will probably fall into bed a little early tonight.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emandab
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM

LOL Good for her.  At least she's being responsible, maybe not the best "cause" but it's important to her right now to 'look good" and you're not having to drag her out of bed and scrambling to get her to school on time.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Good for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
It is important to look good despite what other think...when u look good u feel good and both those go along way in ones day:)
sunsetchick34
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM
That is awesome. Praise her for showing pride in her appearance.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Good for her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM
LOL at "cause"... Tis the age! If she was worried about her looks and didn't study I might have an issue… But a brainy girl who can also look good is a winning combination in my book.

I just think it's funny that she didn't bother to go to bed earlier if she knew she was waking up earlier… I'm sure that won't last

Quoting emandab:

LOL Good for her.  At least she's being responsible, maybe not the best "cause" but it's important to her right now to 'look good" and you're not having to drag her out of bed and scrambling to get her to school on time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I agree. I was feel more confident when I'm dressed up. And as we all know you need as much confidence as possible in middle school!

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is important to look good despite what other think...when u look good u feel good and both those go along way in ones day:)
Vindictive421
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM
That's awesome, good for her!!!
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Good for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Yep and thats awesome she has so much and feels pretty :) thats all bc of u momma♡

Quoting Anonymous 1: I agree. I was feel more confident when I'm dressed up. And as we all know you need as much confidence as possible in middle school!

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is important to look good despite what other think...when u look good u feel good and both those go along way in ones day:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)