Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And your thoughts on the subject are...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

Don't get angry or anything. I'm just curious. I have seen a lot of posts about SAHMs being angry that people think they don't do much compared to working moms. Well I'm here to break it to you. You don't. I appreciate what you do I just don't like how some people say its sooo hard. Yes I have babysat...since I was in sixth grade. I loved a new post that said we have to schedule drs appt. Really now??? So do us working moms. The same post also said we have to go to school meetings. So do us working moms. Lol. Don't get me wrong I don't mind what you do its just those that complain about how hard their lives are. Also those that say really mean things like well green isn't your color to those who do work. I could be a SAHM but if anything were to happen to my husband...well yeah. And also than I can spend more on my kids. I get do what makes you happy I just don't get when SAHMs get upset about people saying you don't work as hard as working moms. Well now that my rant is over lol what do you think about the subject?

Again don't take it personally. I'm sure some of you will though.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
12 moms liked this

I'm a married SAHM ,and I've also been a single working mom. Neither of them is harder than the other. Each has it's own challenges. Just parent your damn kids and STFU already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I aways laugh at the "oh its soooo hard to be a sahm"..

Seriously? Then youre fucking do it wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I personally find being home a breeze. The working school year gives very little down time. :p. I have a job that actually requires me to work though. It's not a cushy break full of adult convo. Every woman leads a different life.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM
6 moms liked this

I think your assumption is based off ignorance..

I've done it all.. working mom, sahm, and working from home mom...

and let me tell you.. none is easier than the other!!!

As a working out of the home mom.. I got to enjoy the 30 minute drive to work blaring my radio and relaxing.. when I got to work, I got to socialize with other adults, peers! lol, and get a break from my LO.. if I had to stop at the store on the way home, I could, without having to drag a sleepy teething baby who wanted to just stay where she was, because she was at home instead being cared for.. 

At the same time.. I had to try to swing appointments around my work schedule, sleeping was more difficult because I was working against the baby and my jobs schedules.. and when I was home, I had to cram cuddling, cleaning, and cooking...

BUT.. as a stay at home mom.. I got to enjoy my kids all day.. I had more time to cook full meals for my kids.. and volunteer at their school more and be more involved for them.. 

BUT.. I didn't get to see adults away from my kids as much as I did when I worked, the cleaning.. well, it never ends when you are home with the kids!! I mean you'd think we all clean the same amount, but that's simply not try.. while you are at work and LO is in day care or with a sitter or even home with your SO.. you don't have to worry about cleaning.. you come home, and the house was as you left it for the most part. As a stay at home mom.. you make breakfast for the kiddos.. you clean up and do the dishes.. you keep them entertained, then clean up after them.. change their diapers, make lunch and clean up again, then pick up the toys again, then get dinner ready and clean up again.. cleaning really doesn't end when you are a stay at home mom, lol. 

meals.. well, you are making them all too.. breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks... 

When the kiddos are at home.. YOU have to entertain them.. get them out and about.. educate them.. rather than someone else doing it for you..

Bottomline.. they all have their pros and they all have their cons.. neither is harder than the other in the grand scheme of things. 

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I'm a SAHM...I don't know how working moms do it..that said, every SAHM has a different reality. When people have SN kids, their duties are magnified...homeschool? magnified....some SAHMs *do* have it very hard...it can be lonely for some women which preys on them. Some women don't like being a SAHM so it is very difficult for them. Honestly, it's on a case by case basis. 

Am I busy? Sure.. I homeschool 2 kids as well as do all the other junk, but...I do it on my time. I don't have a boss breathing down my neck making sure I accomplish what they expect and then go home to fulfill family obligations such as ECA, homework, errands, housework, etc...I'm in AWE of all of my friends as I'm the only SAHM in the bunch. 

I think this whole SAHM vs WM battle is ridiculous. I can't fathom why it matters so much what others do in their family life. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I just don't care.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I work 3rd shift.. And am up with my kids all day.. And am a landlord.

I have it harder Sahm moms!!

Lol - all moms work hard though.
-42-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't get why it is always a contest, lol.
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a working mom.  I think everyone needs to stop whining.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I prefer working. A lot of things are easier, but no one can drive me as crazy as my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN