Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
  • 41 Replies
If your 16 year old came home pregnant? I was watching teen mom and ran across a story that broke my heart. It was a sixteen year old who basically was forced to give her baby up for adoption. She was adopted herself and her adopted mom made it clear she wasn't keeping it. She seemed sad and defeated. My question is what would you do as a mother in this situation?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I'd push for an abortion, if that didn't work I'd push for adoption.
morgiefae
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM
I couldn't give a baby up for adoption, I couldn't pressure my baby to do so either. I wouldn't pressure for abortion either, but if my kiddos chose either I would support them. If they wanted to keep the baby, I'd support them with that as well. I wouldn't be happy but family is family and my girls are everything
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I was only given 1 option when I got pregnant as a teen. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation as a mother. I guess explain EVERY choice she had and all the consequences that came along with it.

grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM

its a human life, not a puppy.  When you fuck up and get pregnant at 16, the only way to carry on is if everyone around you saves you.  this leads to a false sense of entitlement.

If my child wants a roof over her head, free cell phone, full wardrobe 3 times a year and all the food she can eat, she WON'T get pregnant and god help her if she does.  The option to keep it isn't on the table.

Abortion first, adoption second.  But the baby would go to family. 

Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Bump!
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
I personally could never choose adoption. I would absolutely beg her to keep it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:11 AM
I would educate my daughter on ALL of her options I wouldn't force one particular option on her more then another. I would want her to make the decision but I wouldn't be a free baby sitter and I would expect her to get a part time job to care for her baby.
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM
I just don't get how a grandmother could toss away a grandchild like that.

Quoting grey7399:

its a human life, not a puppy.  When you fuck up and get pregnant at 16, the only way to carry on is if everyone around you saves you.  this leads to a false sense of entitlement.If my child wants a roof over her head, free cell phone, full wardrobe 3 times a year and all the food she can eat, she WON'T get pregnant and god help her if she does.  The option to keep it isn't on the table.

Abortion first, adoption second.  But the baby would go to family. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM

HOMER ABANDONING THREAD GIF WITH WORDS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM
This. This topic is ridiculously overdone.
I won't raise my grandchildren at the expense of enjoying them, I've watched my own parents do that... mine and my brother's children are the casualties.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'd push for an abortion, if that didn't work I'd push for adoption.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN