Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you feel betrayed?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM
  • 48 Replies
If you joined cafe mom and saw a post from your friend and you knew it was about you? Like let's say you always wear revealing clothes and you and her have had discussion about the difference of opinion on the matter. If you saw a post about women wearing skimpy clothes from your friend would you take that as a blow?
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I might think wow my way of dressing really does bother her. But I wouldnt act on it or start shit over it. You have already been told by her how she dislikes it.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:30 AM

You could always start a new post about a uptight friend that thinks your way of dressing is too much .

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. I probably wouldn't stick around if my friends were on here to begin with.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I wouldn't be really surprised since she had already brought it up with me. If she was being shitty about though, I would have to reconsider the friendship.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly no. People come here to vent. No one is perfect and I genuinely don't think it would bother me. It's not like she'd be naming my first and last name and putting my business to the world in a hurtful way. I don't think any of my friends are on here though anyway. Who knows lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:34 AM

You don't KNOW it's about you. Even if it was people talk about crap they wouldn't on the internet all the time because they think it is "anonomous" venting. So, I'd let it slide. I would say, "Hey X I saw your post on cafe mom about skimpy clothing.....you weren't talking about me were you?" (In a total friendly joking voice). This way she knows she can see what she is writng, kwim?

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Maybe, it depends on if her post started out "I have a friend..." and the nature of the post. If it was a big long rant about me, yes. If it was just a post asking for opinions on the discussion, no. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Probably not because I would already know she was against it. If she hadn't said anything to me and then posted about it, yes.
Manic_Sinner
by đź’‹Manic_Sinnerđź’‹ on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wonder why it bothers her so much. No one is forcing her to wear the stuff. I would probably have to lose her as a friend if she couldn't get over it. Friends shouldn't judge the hell out of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I would see that she seems to REALLY get off on sticking her nose in my life and talking shit behind my back. That's weird and rude, I'd probably start distancing myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)